By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

MikeRox said:
In 25+ years of gaming, I've never known the term "flop" used to describe a game's quality.

You know the internet hasn't been around for 25+ years, nevermind when gaming forums  and metacritic became mainstream.

Edit: Also your comment doesn't help your case at all because it just told me that you believe that the english dictionary, spoken word, and slang are static, and are not subject to change with the times.

This offcourse, is entirely wrong. But let's be honest, you could care less how someone uses a word.......your trying to save face for a video game.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Play4Fun said:

It's also a gaming froum, bro.

Then why are you here when other "gaming" sites are better at this shit. Were supposed to focus about the sales. Speak with other sites about killzone's metascore, not here. I'm surprised as to why vgchartz even allows threads about game press scores. 

I fully expect you to be vocal to downplay the next 90+ meta PS exclusive.

Please with the self righteousness. Let's all just cut the crap here and admit you want this swept under the rug. All I was trying to say is that games meta scores simply fall below the hype on both sides, and you either take it as it is for next time (to hype realisticlly) and to offcourse not let that impact your decision to buy it if it was soemthing you wanted to play.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Play4Fun said:

It's also a gaming froum, bro.

Then why are you here when other "gaming" sites are better at this shit. Were supposed to focus about the sales. Speak with other sites about killzone's metascore, not here. I'm surprised as to why vgchartz even allows threads about game press scores. 

Please with the self righteousness. Let's all just cut the crap here and admit you want this swept under the rug. All I was trying to say is that games meta scores simply fall below the hype on both sides, and you either take it as it is for next time (to hype realisticlly) and to offcourse not let that impact your decision to buy it if it was soemthing you wanted to play.

Sorry but I don't hype shit from both sides of the fence filled with peasents. I'm in the master race FYI. If your here to take advantage of the ps fans anger then go for it but don't be measuring "flops" based on metacritic scores.

Who said anything about me being expected to be vocal about metascores, clown ? 

BTW I fully expect you to flip flop this generation and expect you to use metascores instead of sales LMAO. What's it gonna be ? The scores or the sales ? LOL

sales2099 said:

Sorry but I don't hype shit from both sides of the fence filled with peasents. I'm in the master race FYI. If your here to take advantage of the ps fans anger then go for it but don't be measuring "flops" based on metacritic scores.

Who said anything about me being expected to be vocal about metascores, clown ? 

BTW I fully expect you to flip flop this generation and expect you to use metascores instead of sales LMAO. What's it gonna be ? The scores or the sales ? LOL

.......both?

When a meta prediction falls short, or whether a sales projection falls short, I shall use the word flop. I shall specify when needed for those who have trouble comphrehending contexts to make sure we are all on the same page :)

I am sure you read the previous posts where both the official definition and urban dictionary both support the use of the word flop to describe both a sales and criticial acclaim context. It is vague and open to interpretation.

I don't know why you and the few others here insist on halting the natural/inevitable evolution of slang/spoken word on a video game forum.........I must say, just let it go.

Ucell said:
walsufnir said:
ninetailschris said:
EricFabian said:
it will sell oceans anyway

The series never sold more than 2 million per game.

More like "cry me a river"-sales

Actually both KZ 2 and 3 sold over 2 million units.

Killzone 2 2.91

killzone 3 2.49 

never once hit 3 . Therefor never sold more than 2 million.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
MikeRox said:
In 25+ years of gaming, I've never known the term "flop" used to describe a game's quality.

You know the internet hasn't been around for 25+ years, nevermind when gaming forums  and metacritic became mainstream.

Edit: Also your comment doesn't help your case at all because it just told me that you believe that the english dictionary, spoken word, and slang are static, and are not subject to change with the times.

This offcourse, is entirely wrong. But let's be honest, you could care less how someone uses a word.......your trying to save face for a video game.

He didn't say the internet was around for 25+ years, he said that he's been gaming for 25+ years.  so have I.  

I wouldn't really be criticising someone else's choice in syntax when you don't appear to know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:
MikeRox said:

He didn't say the internet was around for 25+ years, he said that he's been gaming for 25+ years.  so have I.  

I wouldn't really be criticising someone else's choice in syntax when you don't appear to know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.  

And here is where I know that I made my point when the conversation has devolved to grammer.......when I was clearly referring to context. This is a thread about a game scoring lower then the hype, and its brave defenders have only grammer and context as their weapons of choice, instead of taking it like men and learning from it. Just stop.

I know what he said, and I countered that it was invalid because the internet wasn't around that long, nor metacritic, rendering the point moot.

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:
MikeRox said:

And here is where I know that I made my point when the conversation has devolved to grammer.......when I was clearly referring to context. This is a thread about a game scoring lower then the hype, and its brave defenders have only grammer and context as their weapons of choice, instead of taking it like men and learning from it. Just stop.

I know what he said, and I countered that it was invalid because the internet wasn't around that long, nor metacritic, rendering the point moot.

But you clearly didn't understand what he said.  your argument somehow hinged on the idea that he claimed to be on the internet for 25+ years, when what HE was referring to was that the term 'flop' does not refer to the quality of a piece of media.  His argument was based on the idea that, in 25 years of gaming, the term 'flop' has never been used to describe quality.  

And as for 'brave defenders', have you ever thought that maybe you're just coming across as an Xbox fanboy, attacking the game's scores and percieved inadequacies?  have you ever thought that the immediate, knee-jerk response of 'HEY LOOK AT HOW BAD THAT THING YOU LIKE IS" from the likes of you could be what CAUSED the white-knights to come to the defense of their chosen form of media?  If it wasn't for people like you, using every drop of blood as a target for your percieved enemy, then maybe we wouldn't HAVE such violent, ignorant console wars.  

Maybe, just maybe, if you didn't feel the need to be so aggressive, people wouldn't feel the need to be so defensive. 

Besides, we all know that in a week or so when Ryse and other Xbox One titles end up being grossly disappointing, it's gonna be you defending those games while people like MikeRox and others are going to be doing the same thing to you and your kind that you and your kind are doing to us. 

I may even get banned for saying so, but that's typical, predictable, and sad fanboy behaviour right there.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Wow. Well, it's many other ps3 titles I still didn't get.

Just because you chose to quote a famous dead person does not mean that you are some type of intellect nor does it mean that the quote in question is correct.

Actually it's not a review flop. None of the reviews on Meta are in the red zone, therefore every reviewer so far thinks it's at least OK. And positive reviews outnumber mixed reviews, just.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix