By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retailers not ordering many Wii Us

PattonFiend said:
burninmylight said:
This is the reality Nintendo made for itself. I get that it wanted to sell as many independent copies of the game as possible, but this bundle should've been a reality a long time ago, and the basic model should've never existed.

This reality was made by the media absolutely FANBOYING Nintendo and dragging them through the mud every chance that they got...

how so?

Around the Network

First of all, congratulations on your first thread!

Second of all, I suspected that those bundles came in low quantity but I'm sure that by black friday they will stock more than 3 units... right? xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I hope a bunch of people start buying the Wii U.

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How about you do your part? We can't count on the resident Dolphins fan to do the job, so these are desperate times. We need every single (Cow)boy.

Lol, I'll need more compelling software (especially on the JRPG front) for me to buy a Wii U. Bayonetta 2, X, and SMTxFire Emblem are the only games I'm interested in so far. 

scorptile said:
Locknuts said:
Hey just checked Gamestop website and the bundle is sold out again! Unless there's a big hardware boost next week I'd say retailers just aren't ordering many in.

i think come black friday retailers better be ready for a blitz on wii u hardware. i mean like myself black friday is massive buying and if you know anything about families they wait till that day to get deals and what not all at once. plus if the ps4 and xbox one isnt around to be sold the next thing is the wii u and that is a huge advantage

The thing that worries me is there arent really any Wii U deals on black friday

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Anecdotally my two local Best Buys ordered a lot of the Zelda bundle and only 4-5 of the NSMBU bundle.

The Zelda bundle isn't moving much but the NSMBU one has sold a couple at each location.

I think maybe Nintendo should've include that Ganon figurine with the Wii U bundle or made the system gold or something. It need something more than the simple decal on the controller to make it a bit more special. 

That said honestly Wind Waker just isn't that popular of a Zelda title, it certainly has its fans, but I think especially in North America, people like their 3D Zelda to be more realistic in the vein of the OoT and TP and there's just no changing that.

They just need it to sell it with a physical copy of the game, not a download code. I know some friends that want the bundle, but when they know that is a download code they retract, and now are going for the new bundle and a copy of Zelda.

flagstaad said:
Soundwave said:

Anecdotally my two local Best Buys ordered a lot of the Zelda bundle and only 4-5 of the NSMBU bundle.

The Zelda bundle isn't moving much but the NSMBU one has sold a couple at each location.

I think maybe Nintendo should've include that Ganon figurine with the Wii U bundle or made the system gold or something. It need something more than the simple decal on the controller to make it a bit more special. 

That said honestly Wind Waker just isn't that popular of a Zelda title, it certainly has its fans, but I think especially in North America, people like their 3D Zelda to be more realistic in the vein of the OoT and TP and there's just no changing that.

They just need it to sell it with a physical copy of the game, not a download code. I know some friends that want the bundle, but when they know that is a download code they retract, and now are going for the new bundle and a copy of Zelda.

its cheaper to give them a DL code

Anfebious said:

Second of all, I suspected that those bundles came in low quantity but I'm sure that by black friday they will stock more than 3 units... right? xD

Thanks! Also, I have a feeling that since the X1 and PS4 will sell out there should be more room in the warehouses and stores by black friday. Seeing as the Mario and Luigi bundle seems to be moving, I imagine stores will be ordering a lot more in and they'll have the space to do so! I'm hopeful, but of course it might not work out this way....

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How about you do your part? We can't count on the resident Dolphins fan to do the job, so these are desperate times. We need every single (Cow)boy.

I did mine! Although I don't feel that my purchase is 100% justified yet, it's getting pretty close. By the time Mario Kart comes around I'll be wholehartedly recommending a Wii U to everyone. I can't really do that in good conscience yet as the games aren't quite there. I just hope Nintendo and retailers hang in there long enough for the line up to prosper.

Locknuts said:
Anfebious said:

Thanks! Also, I have a feeling that since the X1 and PS4 will sell out there should be more room in the warehouses and stores by black friday. Seeing as the Mario and Luigi bundle seems to be moving, I imagine stores will be ordering a lot more in and they'll have the space to do so! I'm hopeful, but of course it might not work out this way....

only problem is the wii u units are moving now and the ps4 and xbone units have stalled big time. i went into my gamestop today which sold out on initial launch of the ps4 and xbone and now they ahve lots sitting there collecting dust and the wii u even teh used systems are not there. so it takes a launch of another system to move consoles and games sometimes cause people wants to see the competition first.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049