By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 HDD will have 408GB of usable storage

Not bad. I expected around 450gb but 400gb is more than enough for launch period at least.

Around the Network
coolguy said:
For now its plenty I just have 3 games cod ,bf4 killzone

Nice variation in genres.

CGI-Quality said:
408GB WITH 3 games installed.

Thus, you get more than that.

You read it wrong, is only 323 GBs WITH 3 games installed, is 408 GBs without anything on it.

Edit: Nevermind.

eFKac said:
Jesus 92 GB unusable?

a 500GB drive only actually has 465.66 usable, because of the difference between bits and bytes.

as such only 57.66gb is actually unusable, .66 is a healthy container/system parititon size so 57 reserved.
This space would then be used for dumping the 15 minutes of gameplay for you to pause at any time and save.

PS3 would reserve from 10 up to 20gb depending on wehat size drive you installed, so its not all that big a deal really.

what i find funny is that the list of installed applications suggests 2gb more than is actually used in the total.

Around the Network

Wrong CGI and wow PS4 just keeps getting better and better. ;)

CGI-Quality said:
408GB WITH 3 games installed.

Thus, you get more than that.

So Sony lied to us?

550GB HD confirmed!!!

BasilZero said:
irstupid said:
I hate how the label is never correct, and why is it always like a percentage and not some number

Why does my 2 tb disc need like 100 gb to be ready, yet my 250 gb one only need 30. Why aren't they both 30?

It's like the whole prize winning in game shows. Would love it if when they said you won 1,000 that mean AFTER TAX 1,000.

Why couldn't they give it a 600 gb harddrive and label it as a 500 gb. Or why is it labeled 500 when there is no way you can ever make it 500, its really only 410, so why not label it 410?

But anyone who expected 500 gb doesn't know tech at all. I could have told anyone it was closer to 400 than 500. As I said above, for some reason the higher the hdd is teh more space gets removed for some stupid ass reason.

http://www.howtogeek.com/123268/

Ah so they use a different method of conversion basically.  Computer reads a gb as 1024, while hdd 1000.    So a 1024 gb HDD would be seen on pc as only 1000 gb.  

Like you buy a Metric HDD and yet your computer reads it in American.

Stupid.  One of them shoudl change, its annoying.  

phenom08 said:

Keep trying

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:

If "it keeps getting better and better" is supposed to put it down somehow, in regards to memory, one can only imagine what you think of the WiiU.

That isn't s shot at it, either, but you're coming in here with nonsense like there is some major issue. 

Anyway, OT: It was reported earlier that the 408GB was wrong. Don't know what happened in the meantime, but 92GB for the OS seems rather large. Even with that pic, which didn't exist in the earlier article, that amount seems fishy.

When one Wii U game takes up 2 gb, where 1 PS4 game takes up 40 gb.

Which one will use up their space first?  Wii U space 30 gb or whatever it is from the 32 max.  PS4 408 gb.  

Wii U can fit almost 15 games.  PS4 can fit 10 games.

Oh and those are full retail download WIi U games.  If they were disc games then that number would be 1000x higher.  THe PS4 games on disc REQUIRE like 40 gb.  Wii U requires what 10 mb?  

Also its not 92 gb for OS.  Everyone shoudl know these days that when something says its 500 gb you don' tget 500 gb, you get like 470 gb at best, probably closer to 450.  Thus the OS is like 40 gb then.