By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 HDD will have 408GB of usable storage

irstupid said:
CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
Wrong CGI and wow PS4 just keeps getting better and better. ;)

If "it keeps getting better and better" is supposed to put it down somehow, in regards to memory, one can only imagine what you think of the WiiU.

That isn't s shot at it, either, but you're coming in here with nonsense like there is some major issue. 

Anyway, OT: It was reported earlier that the 408GB was wrong. Don't know what happened in the meantime, but 92GB for the OS seems rather large. Even with that pic, which didn't exist in the earlier article, that amount seems fishy.

When one Wii U game takes up 2 gb, where 1 PS4 game takes up 40 gb.

Which one will use up their space first?  Wii U space 30 gb or whatever it is from the 32 max.  PS4 408 gb.  

Wii U can fit almost 15 games.  PS4 can fit 10 games.

Oh and those are full retail download WIi U games.  If they were disc games then that number would be 1000x higher.  THe PS4 games on disc REQUIRE like 40 gb.  Wii U requires what 10 mb?  

Also its not 92 gb for OS.  Everyone shoudl know these days that when something says its 500 gb you don' tget 500 gb, you get like 470 gb at best, probably closer to 450.  Thus the OS is like 40 gb then.

no no no no no, can't use one of the smallest size for wii U and one of the biggest size for ps4 for your comparaison dude. Here a list of some wii U retail games

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
irstupid said:
CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:

If "it keeps getting better and better" is supposed to put it down somehow, in regards to memory, one can only imagine what you think of the WiiU.

That isn't s shot at it, either, but you're coming in here with nonsense like there is some major issue. 

Anyway, OT: It was reported earlier that the 408GB was wrong. Don't know what happened in the meantime, but 92GB for the OS seems rather large. Even with that pic, which didn't exist in the earlier article, that amount seems fishy.

Which one will use up their space first?  Wii U space 30 gb or whatever it is from the 32 max.  PS4 408 gb.  

Oh and those are full retail download WIi U games.  If they were disc games then that number would be 1000x higher.  THe PS4 games on disc REQUIRE like 40 gb.  Wii U requires what 10 mb?  

Also its not 92 gb for OS.  Everyone shoudl know these days that when something says its 500 gb you don' tget 500 gb, you get like 470 gb at best, probably closer to 450.  Thus the OS is like 40 gb then.

no no no no no, can't use one of the smallest size for wii U and one of the biggest size for ps4 for your comparaison dude. Here a list of some wii U retail games

haven't paid attention to them as much cause dont' buy digital, just remember the whole debate over 3d Worlds size.

But half those are like 3 and under anyway.

But still besides the point.  You can buy all of those PHYSICALLY and tell what sizes those enitle then?  a few mb's?  THe PS4 even phsyical take up 30-40+ gb.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Is there any benifit to buying games digitally? Otherwise that 408GB will still be plenty enough space for me.

You do realize the 30 gb, 40 gb installs are for physcial games, not digital

irstupid said:
CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:

Some Wii U games are huge, too.  Not all are just a couple GB like Nintendo's first party titles.  If you're gonna tell it, you have to tell it all.

Oh no. This means I need 256gb SSD. Damn. I though 128gb will be enough. Y U MAKE installation mandatory?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
errorpwns said:
teigaga said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I never understood why PS4 and Xbox One did not go with a 1TB HDD anyway.
This is would be sooo cheap and even needed when you look at the required GB for games like Ryse and Killzone.

1TB is definitely not needed, its just ideal. Most people only buy 5-6 AAA titles per year, although this is probably hightened at launch as people buy games just for the sake of it. By any account you will likely have over a year before you need to start worrying about storage, by which time I doubt you'll still be playing many launch titles, so deciding what to remove won't be too much of a Dilema. Remember that the 120GB-250Gb HDDs in the xbox360 and ps3 came several years after their launch. As is usually the case, both companies are making a loss and every $ counts when its multiplied by millions of sales. They're being a bit stingy but its definitely workable.

Sony has leeway to introduce a $449 model with 1TB HDD if they wanted, but I guess they want to keep that $100 price difference between them and the Xbox One.

Uh with the size of games and the push towards digital 1TB is needed. Trust me. My PC has over 500GB of games for sure on it right now. 

And I'm sure your currently playing no more then 2-3 games currently. Meaning the majority of that can comfortably be deleted and reinstalled at a later date or never again if you no longer play it. I'm not saying 500GB is a ton of space given the context, I'm saying its workable.

Comfortably? I actually play a lot of games. If I want to play a game I want to play it now and not in 2 hours when it has finished downloading even on my 50Mbps or installed from a blu ray. It isn't comfortable when you cannot play any game you own at the time you want. 

gonna swap mine asap as i did with my ps3 either gonna go with 7200 rpm or a hybrid both 1TB, dont want that inferior stuff in there

Play Me