By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U, 3DS Lifetime Sales Predictions

Will Nintendo 3DS outsell its predecessor?

Yes 121 35.28%

No 220 64.14%

Total:341

Wii U- 50 million(i want it to outsell the Wii but that's beyond wishful thinking at the moment)
3DS- 116 Million

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Around the Network

Wii U - 50 million (I hope)
3DS - 100 million

Personally though, regarding the 3ds already at it's peak, I think that time hasn't arrived yet. I mean it hasn't been able to be at the half of the lifetime of the DS yet. I expect more games are coming out these next months that will further expand the market of the 3ds. Although, as expected, the 3DS will reign this generation.

People have some weird ass logic in here.

No wonder all your predictions are wrong. Not paying attention to market conditions is bad for your heart.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

And how do you expect that? You looking at the numbers or are you forgeting the fact that the 3DS isnt pushing exorbitantly well in the West?

Are yoru forgetting the fact that the 3DS has a shit ton of software lined up for 2014 either?

Do you genuinely believe that 3DS' 2014 lineup is stronger than 2013's?  Japan had two of their three biggest franchises this year (Pokemon & MonHun); the only things which can come close are Mario games (we've already had those in 2011/2012) and Dragon Quest.  I suppose we could have a new DQ game, but I'd imagine a decent amount of the audience is already there thanks to the two remakes we already had.

I also can't think of much that would help it in the west that we haven't already had.  Smash'll do some good work, but aside from that what's left in Nintendo's roster?  Metroid; Pikmin; Star Fox & F-Zero I suppose, but I wouldn't imagine any of those would move anywhere near as much as Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Zelda. 

Maybe I'm wrong since Luigi exceeded everyone's expectations, but still.  I don't see 2014 doing as well as 2013 barring some massive surprises.

Stronger than this year? No. But Next year's content is just as diverse and its coming with god damn Smash Bros.

Its going up not down.

Nintendo still needs to put out a Golden Sun game, Monolith Soft is developing an RPG for the system, third parties also got slack they need to pick up. There are quite a few unnanounced titles as well. Tons of shit needs to be localized.

Around the Network

3DS - over 100,000,000
Wii U - 35,000,000

90% of the WiiU predictions are fail...

I predict 80m for the WiiU if not more, it will find the way, once price drops and games come out, and it won't be replaced anytime soon

3DS about DS levels

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Next year 3DS will have Smash, Yoshi, Kirby games (all confirmed). Ofc we can expect Nintendo to announce more games soon. For example, Pokemon X/Y first announced in january and released in october.

For Japan I expect new DQ game (not counting DQM2 remake which sell million), maybe Monster Hunter 4G and Pokemon Z or 3rd gen remakes.

3DS isn't peaked yet, next official pricedrop in West will give it a new selling power and in 2014 Japan will receive 2DS. There's nothing to worry about. Nintendo had something for DS all the years from 2004 to 2012. They will support 3DS with many new games.

Lawlight said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
The 3DS hasnt peaked lol.

It has lol.

How do yo even kno that? U can see the future? Just because pokemon XY+MH4 came out in one year doesn't mean its at its peak. We cant say for sure in which year it will be at its peak, 2013 definitely looks most promising but we dont kno if 3DS can have another model for example and sales explode!

Also pokemon will have more titles and Capcom is desperate so i could see them do a MH5 game in 2015 or 2016. But Im not 100% sure cuz i dont have a crstal ball, but neither does you or anyone else.

3DS -> 70-80million
WiiU -> 15 to 30 million (too early to tell)