By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the 3DS weaker than a Gamecube?

Tagged games:

Is it?

Yes 61 39.87%

No 84 54.90%

Gamecube? What's that? 8 5.23%

Total:153

Around the Network
stlwtng4Dmdrxip said:

Weaker than the gamecube? It's not even as powerfull as the dreamcast.

Mkay....

Th3PANO said:
stlwtng4Dmdrxip said:

Mkay....

Ninja'd you.

MDMAlliance said:
Th3PANO said:
stlwtng4Dmdrxip said:

Mkay....

Ninja'd you.

LOL...Damn, that was close xD

pezus said:
I thought that was common knowledge. You will only need to compare MK 3DS to MK GC or Smash 3DS to Smash GC. The GC game easily looks better. And no, by better I don't mean better art...

They both use radically different textures lol, hardly a credible comparison.

Around the Network
STRYKIE said:
pezus said:
I thought that was common knowledge. You will only need to compare MK 3DS to MK GC or Smash 3DS to Smash GC. The GC game easily looks better. And no, by better I don't mean better art...

There's also the fact that Smash Bros on the 3DS isn't even out yet, and the art style is definitely different and the screen size is also a factor for the 3DS smash bros.

STRYKIE said:
pezus said:

yes I agree, different textures and especially different screen size which makes it more difficult. If you can zoom you 3DS screens you can obviously see that it is quite inferior than Gamecube, but then looking stuning on that small screen. It's just that we can't compare between these two.

I heard that is weaker than the SNES.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I would say its about the level of the PS2, though it uses more modern tech.

I think I see a major flaw in the logic of this thread, actually. How, exactly, are we defining the power in this scenario? How are we comparing the graphics? If you were to compare it per pixel, wouldn't you agree that would make the Gamecube more powerful than the PS Vita as well?