By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the Next-Gen Hardware Analysis Arrive from Major Nelson?

In the start of the last gen I read an analysis on hardware by Major Nelson. It was quite a good read. Here it is: 

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

I'd like to see something similar this gen from him. I don't trust media. Major Nelson is a very trustworthy guy, very likeable. Do you guys have any information about this? Is he preparing a similar one?

(Thanks to hamster plugin for the link).

Around the Network

My God I've been so blind! I thought LoU, GoW 3 and Ascension, and Uncharted 2 and 3 looked better than anything on 360 but I guess I was wrong!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Is this a joke thread or is the OP serious? Am I being trolled here?

platformmaster918 said:
My God I've been so blind! I thought LoU, GoW 3 and Ascension, and Uncharted 2 and 3 looked better than anything on 360 but I guess I was wrong!

Thats right.....Dosn't matter if a game is fun, as long as it looks good. Thats all that matters looks. Sad,sad,sad..

cmay227 said:
platformmaster918 said:

Thats right.....Dosn't matter if a game is fun, as long as it looks good. Thats all that matters looks. Sad,sad,sad..

yes because obviously those games aren't fun.  We were talking about hardware and therefore the visuals they can produce (yes there's also framerate, AI, physics, etc.) so I was bringing up examples to disprove this with some sarcasm.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
cmay227 said:
platformmaster918 said:

When did he say that? Did you read the OP at all?

Oh my god! it's true! I just put in Uncharted 2 again and now it looks all shoddy and dull!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

O wow, "Hey guyz, ima MS employee and clearly ain't going to be biased towards my product so I get a nice fat bonus this year!"

But the guy is an idiot. It is well known that the PS3 is slightly more powerful than the 360, but that was never really achieved due to the PS3 being a nightmare to program for. This meant everything was made for the 360 and was given a quick port to the PS3. Sony simply screwed up by making devs life hell.

This time around, the PS4 is already known to be quite a bit better than the Xbone.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

But...PC dicks on everything this time around which is a new occurrence as PCs normally drew equal or less.

Carl2291 said:
Is this a joke thread or is the OP serious? Am I being trolled here?

Why do you think it is serious? Please explain.

michael_stutzer said:

Why do you think it is serious? Please explain.

I dont think its serious. Im quite positive.