By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's stop kidding ourselves.

RolStoppable said:
Cloudman said:
RolStoppable said:

Aren't the OP and Tachi one and the same person? The simple explanation for everything.

Wait, are you serious? o: Tachi had an alt?

Yes, I am serious.

The twist here is that Rol is the real Tachi alt, not the OP. Ingenious diversion.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Cloudman said:
I never thought this would be brought up by a mod, let alone Tachi, but sometimes I see why some of them need to be brought back.

(...)

Aren't the OP and Tachi one and the same person? The simple explanation for everything.

....... That makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Too_Talls said:
I wouldn't declare the ps4 the sales leader before the generation even starts. look how sony came from this generations laughing stalk to chase down the 360 and potentially the wii. These things can't be predicted by launch hype or system specs. trends are ever evolving.

The 360 was released on November 2005, in the United States; December 2005, in Japan and December 2005, in Europe.

The PS3 was released on November 2006, in the United States; November, 2006, in Japan and March 2007, in Europe.

The 360 had a year head start on USA and Japan, plus a 2 years advantage in Europe.

People tend to forget that the PS3 was lossing sales in the early years because it was not available globally.

As long as a PS console exists at the same time than an XBox console, the PS console will outsell it globally. This is more of a brand positioning subject other than the "you never know that could happend" theory.

Mr.Playstation said:

Didn't stop you guys from banning Ryng now did it?

You totally missed the point of my post didnt you? Read the part of the rule I highlighted for you and that will tell you why Ryng got moderated for it. Ryng had a habit of pointlessly bumping numerous threads and making contentless spam posts. Thankfully, he seems to have learned where he was going wrong and changed his ways.

If you want to discuss this further, take it to my inbox. I will be happy to educate you on what is and isnt accepted on the forums.

Carl2291 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Didn't stop you guys from banning Ryng now did it?

You totally missed the point of my post didnt you? Read the part of the rule I highlighted for you and that will tell you why Ryng got moderated for it. Ryng had a habit of pointlessly bumping numerous threads and making contentless spam posts. Thankfully, he seems to have learned where he was going wrong and changed his ways.

If you want to discuss this further, take it to my inbox. I will be happy to educate you on what is and isnt accepted on the forums.

You are acting very level headed, since the person is questioning mod actions outside of the approved thread or by PM.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Not sure why anyone is making PS3 comeback references with regards to the XBO.

It's not going to happen people.

It would require SCE to do everything wrong with the PS4 whereas all they really have to do at this point is hold course and continue to add games to the PS4 catalog.

3rd party support is already in favor of the platform, so this is practically being handled without SCE doing anything with regards to their own studios' games, which incidentally, are still being produced.

About the only advantage the XBO has are their IPs (Gears, Halo, Forza) and a good portion of their former NA XB360 audience. The numbers already demonstrate the XBO has lost a significant (approx. 30% last I heard) portion of that audience to the PS4. This is not something they can build off of and I believe the '15 holiday totals will demonstrate that there are not tens of millions of NA XB360 owners just waiting to make a switch to the XBO.

At this point, the focus should have already shifted to the exclusive games each platform provides with the acknowledgment that they are not a determining factor in any hypothetical paradigm shift with regards to market share.

Not to mention, there's no such thing as the "PS3 comeback". It's a misconception/myth. The PS3, outside of 2008 (and didn't do this by a small margin), always outsold the 360 WW. The bad press from its "horrible launch" (even though it sold more than 360 in the same time period) made it seem like things were dire for PS3, but besides that one year, it always outsold its competition. It's not a "comeback" when you're always doing better. It's just confusing because the 360 had a 1 year head start, but the numbers only matter if they launched at the same time, PS3 fell behind, then "came back". But that wasn't the case. It always outsold 360, from the jump,  year on year (again, outside of 2008). 

I'm just happy that PS4 is completely dominating the competition. PS4 is receiving a crazy amount of support atm. This gen is already looking better than last gen with Sony in the lead.

NatureOfLogic said:
I'm just happy that PS4 is completely dominating the competition. PS4 is receiving a crazy amount of support atm. This gen is already looking better than last gen with Sony in the lead.

Agreed, the game market does better with Sony in the lead. It forces MS and Nintendo to boost their quality to try to compete. Sony does amazing regardless of their position

Agree on most points, though the software overlap between PS4 & XB1 is such I still don't see a need for both. The PS4 basically won the pathetic gen 8 war last year, but the fighting will continue (while the gap slowly widens) because that's what the internet is for.

If you are a TV and media whore, Xbone makes a lot of sense. There's no downplaying that.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence