By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS 10 Week Sales Countdown 2012 vs 2013! Week 6 Up [3.19mil vs 4.05mil] *2013 Winning

Nice comparison.

I think 3DS should easily win against last year. It has much more to offer. The onslaught of games this year should also help next year, so I agree that this year and next year are 3DS's peaks, with next year being the highest.

Around the Network

is it me or was 3ds black friday numbers kinda lower than expected in 2012?

tbone51 said:
is it me or was 3ds black friday numbers kinda lower than expected in 2012?

DSI was $69

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Plus the ds was not helping last year either. That sold 300k black friday week, hindering the 3ds somewhat. That wont happen this year. I think it has a legit shot of 850k this year, possibly 1m with the 2ds price drop along with pokemon. This thread is going to be a fun one to follow tbone!

Ninty should just go all handheld if WiiU doesnt pick up. It so sad seeing 3DS do so well and WiiU hinder their financials. Maybe 3DS TV could take the place of their home consoles. I think Ninty is testing the market for an handheld only future. Smash on 3DS kinda tipped me off. 3DS needs Nintys full support and boy would Nintys full support behind a single platform be fun to watch.

Around the Network

I'm tagging along for this ride!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

FY2013 will still be below FY2012.

Lawlight said:

Comes in here a Nintendo thread and does it again -_-

This thread is talking about holiday sales which 2013>2012, and its already YoY by 500k-600k. 

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Comes in here a Nintendo thread and does it again -_-

This thread is talking about holiday sales which 2013>2012, and its already YoY by 500k-600k. 

Could well be another Pokemon XY scenario.

Up YoY by 500k-600k? Official numbers had the 3DS down YoY by 2.03M from January to September.

Lawlight said:

How do you come to that conclusion when its already ahead and will continue to increase the gap? With no major releases this week it still outsold last year which was week one animal crossing release in japan.