By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS 10 Week Sales Countdown 2012 vs 2013! Week 6 Up [3.19mil vs 4.05mil] *2013 Winning

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:
Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:

how about a little bet then? ;) I say that 3DS will sell more in 2013 than it did in 2012, so it will in fact be UP YoY

Using official Nintendo numbers? Sure. What do we bet?

Sorry for the late-ish reply. Sure, let's go by official Nintendo numbers (even if that means we'll have to wait until March/April to settle the bet). What do you wanna bet? Sig control? Avatar control? Permaban? Let's say permaban ;)

Do we know how much Nintendo sold last year? Are there any official numbers?

We'll get the official numbers in January. Ok, permaban :)

2012: 14.81M

2013 (Jan - Sep): 5.13M

Those are ship not sold.  ship=/=sold

Sell-in numbers are the only numbers that we have access to and they are from Nintendo so we have no other choice but to use that.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:
Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:

how about a little bet then? ;) I say that 3DS will sell more in 2013 than it did in 2012, so it will in fact be UP YoY

Using official Nintendo numbers? Sure. What do we bet?

Sorry for the late-ish reply. Sure, let's go by official Nintendo numbers (even if that means we'll have to wait until March/April to settle the bet). What do you wanna bet? Sig control? Avatar control? Permaban? Let's say permaban ;)

Those are ship not sold.  ship=/=sold

Sell-in numbers are the only numbers that we have access to and they are from Nintendo so we have no other choice but to use that.

yeah ok, thgats why you were using numbers here right? If not then why dont you wait? why use numbers from here? You use pre orders from here right? some sales numbers but yet you wont do it for hardware? Niceeee

Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:

So we're going by shipped copies provided by Nintendo?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

tbone51 said:

yeah ok, thgats why you were using numbers here right? If not then why dont you wait? why use numbers from here? You use pre orders from here right? some sales numbers but yet you wont do it for hardware? Niceeee

I'm only use them when I don't have any other numbers but for something like a bet where we need accurate numbers, we'll have to use official ones.

For games, it's not like hardware where we know when we will get numbers, so we'll get to use vgchartz numbers most of the time, even when we know, for example, that they overtracked Pokemon first day sales by over 1.5M and, now, the US numbers by 1M.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

I'm only use them when I don't have any other numbers but for something like a bet where we need accurate numbers, we'll have to use official ones.

For games, it's not like hardware where we know when we will get numbers, so we'll get to use vgchartz numbers most of the time, even when we know, for example, that they overtracked Pokemon first day sales by over 1.5M and, now, the US numbers by 1M.

yes i know, pokemon xy did get adjusted just not all the way, its still over 6.3mil as of Nov 9th so to me its ok!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

yes i know, pokemon xy did get adjusted just not all the way, its still over 6.3mil as of Nov 9th so to me its ok!

Was 1M removed from the US numbers following the release of NPD numbers?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Was 1M removed from the US numbers following the release of NPD numbers?

US is overtracked by 500k still but japan is undertracked by about 300k 

Edit: they only took off 500k

tbone51 said:

I see, yes, they took off 0.5M. 0.5M still left. Media Create has Pokemon at 2,847,101 as of November 10th. VGChartz has it at 2,957,401.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

I see, yes, they took off 0.5M. 0.5M still left. Media Create has Pokemon at 2,847,101 as of November 10th. VGChartz has it at 2,957,401.

it was stated by nintendo and also famitsu that pokemon xy surpassed 3mil over 3 weeks ago, including download cards+digital, this means its undertracked by over 300k, pls dont argue with wat you dont kno

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

it was stated by nintendo and also famitsu that pokemon xy surpassed 3mil over 3 weeks ago, including download cards+digital, this means its undertracked by over 300k, pls dont argue with wat you dont kno

Can I have a source for what you're claiming?