By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft CEO candidate Stephen Elop said to consider selling Xbox business, killing Bing

DirtyP2002 said:

Who would buy the Xbox business?

The amount of money and talent needed to manufactur a console and run it properly is pretty big.

Who else except Amazon, Google, Samsung or Apple could do this?

It will end as it started.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

not wonder why Iwata isn't panicking!

If this guy becomes the CEO and goes and sell the Xbox division. This is what's going to happen to him

And people yet think Xbox give profit to MS and my assumptions are crazy lol

bananaking21 said:
i dont see them selling either. but lets say they do, who would buy xbox? im not insinuating that nobody would want to buy the division, but wondering who has the money to? who has the deep pockets to buy the division and then pour so much money in the investments it needs? i doubt MS would sell it to apple or google, maybe they would what do i know. maybe amazon could buy it, there were rumors that they are making a console a while back, who knows.

Apple or Google come to mind. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
bananaking21 said:
i dont see them selling either. but lets say they do, who would buy xbox? im not insinuating that nobody would want to buy the division, but wondering who has the money to? who has the deep pockets to buy the division and then pour so much money in the investments it needs? i doubt MS would sell it to apple or google, maybe they would what do i know. maybe amazon could buy it, there were rumors that they are making a console a while back, who knows.

but would MS sell the division to their two biggest rivals?

also, it would be fucking awful to see the xbox (or any gaming console of the big three) being bought by apple or google, they would demolish it.

bananaking21 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
bananaking21 said:

also, it would be fucking awful to see the xbox (or any gaming console of the big three) being bought by apple or google, they would demolish it.

Maybe Samsung? there aren't to many companies that could buy the Xbox divison although I think it's highly unlikely that it does get sold off, but never say never I suppose. 

DirtyP2002 said:

The amount of money and talent needed to manufactur a console and run it properly is pretty big.

Siemens, b_e_l_i_e_v_e

selnor1983 said:
 Hell Microsoft made profit last quarter half of Apples worth.

they made a quarterly profit of ~US$220 billion ?  I doubt that..

DirtyP2002 said:

Was going to say these.

Samsung and Google would be the most likely candidates I think.

Apple would only to add salt in the wound. Especially if they could turn it profitable.

If the salvage it for parts (tech, IPs, Studios, etc) I think Sony would bid on a few (Halo to be exact)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

NobleTeam360 said:
bananaking21 said:

Maybe Samsung? there aren't to many companies that could buy the Xbox divison although I think it's highly unlikely that it does get sold off, but never say never I suppose. 

maybe. but you know coming to think about it, i think Disney should buy it. They are an entertaiment company after all, they have the cash and they have iconic IP's that could help sell the system. also adding Master Chief and the halo univerise to Disney land could be cool. i think it would be a reasonable purchase. though, i honestly dont think MS will sell the xbox division.