By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft CEO candidate Stephen Elop said to consider selling Xbox business, killing Bing

justinian said:
selnor1983 said:
LOL. This wont happen. People on the net are still really trying.

Microsoft are posting record profit in their entire history right now. Bing is gaining every year on Google and Xbox makes a lot of money on 360 generation.

But internet wannabes still trying to rock a boat. That's earning a quarter what Sony is worth in its entirety. Hell Microsoft made profit last quarter half of Apples worth.

These are not just people on the net selnor. Some are people very close to MS and Bill Gates.

Notice how people talk about selling Bing and the Xbox divisions as short term increase in revenue.  This is no different than Sony selling off a few buildings to post a profit.  These are the type of short term money dealings certain investors like to do to get a few nickles in their pockets.  The reason that MS will not get rid of the Xbox division and Bing is because long term goals see those parts of the company becoming more revelant as MS move away from purely software company to a tools and service.  This is MS big push into a tools and service company and Bing is a tool and service and so is the Xbox Division.  You can already see it with the branding everything Xbox and the direction of the console.

Around the Network

These types of articles are so beyond silly it's not even worth addressing them.

i dont see them selling either. but lets say they do, who would buy xbox? im not insinuating that nobody would want to buy the division, but wondering who has the money to? who has the deep pockets to buy the division and then pour so much money in the investments it needs? i doubt MS would sell it to apple or google, maybe they would what do i know. maybe amazon could buy it, there were rumors that they are making a console a while back, who knows.

AlwaysRight said:
These types of articles are so beyond silly it's not even worth addressing them.

and yet here you are posting in the thread.

Machiavellian said:
justinian said:
selnor1983 said:
LOL. This wont happen. People on the net are still really trying.

Microsoft are posting record profit in their entire history right now. Bing is gaining every year on Google and Xbox makes a lot of money on 360 generation.

But internet wannabes still trying to rock a boat. That's earning a quarter what Sony is worth in its entirety. Hell Microsoft made profit last quarter half of Apples worth.

These are not just people on the net selnor. Some are people very close to MS and Bill Gates.

Notice how people talk about selling Bing and the Xbox divisions as short term increase in revenue.  This is no different than Sony selling off a few buildings to post a profit.  These are the type of short term money dealings certain investors like to do to get a few nickles in their pockets.  The reason that MS will not get rid of the Xbox division and Bing is because long term goals see those parts of the company becoming more revelant as MS move away from purely software company to a tools and service.  This is MS big push into a tools and service company and Bing is a tool and service and so is the Xbox Division.  You can already see it with the branding everything Xbox and the direction of the console.

You do present a good point. Part of the problem is that certain investers do not want this. They want MS to return to what they do best and are winning with rather than branch out into markets in which they can likely struggle.

The outcome depends on who wins this "vote".

Around the Network

Who would buy the Xbox business?

The amount of money and talent needed to manufactur a console and run it properly is pretty big.

Who else except Amazon, Google, Samsung or Apple could do this?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

The amount of money and talent needed to manufactur a console and run it properly is pretty big.

Nintendo, the meltdowns would be glorious.

bananaking21 said:
AlwaysRight said:

and yet here you are posting in the thread.

Posting in the thread = addressing the article? err...what?

bubble tape

DerNebel said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Nintendo, the meltdowns would be glorious.

Forget Nintendo, they'll never do something like that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

DirtyP2002 said:

Virgin?? But you are right. Finding the money and talent is going to be a major drawback.

To be honest I rather it stays with MS than be sold to any of those. I believe that they will sell but that doesn't mean that I am right and that I want them to.