By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Hardware downgrade rumors debunked by Shin'en

there you have, this guys are real persons... no anonimous garbage.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

Doesn`t fit into agenda, can not compute.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

some people don't work properly if not enough Nintendo doom is injected into their minds so this must be false!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Chandler said:

Doesn`t fit into agenda, can not compute.

activating rage mode... bip... bip... opening ninjablade aplication... bip... bip... can not compute. 

lol

34 years playing games.

MohammadBadir said:
these guys want to be bought so badly that they do more PR than Nintendo themselves.

As far as I know, they are not for sale and want to remain an independent studio.

Around the Network

When did they start the development of the game? Afaik the downgrade rumour goes as this:

Step 1: In the beginning WiiU had a stronger GPU. The heat generated was too much for the console.
Step 2: The now considerably slower GPU with 160 ALUs @ 400MHz got introduced.
Step 3: A few month bevor release the clockrate of the GPU got upclocked to 550MHz (and the CPU from 1 GHz to 1.25 GHz)

So IF the rumour is true and the developers here got there first devkits during Step 2, they of course only have seen the upgrade.

Sirius87 said:

When did they start the development of the game? Afaik the downgrade rumour goes as this:

Step 1: In the beginning WiiU had a stronger GPU. The heat generated was too much for the console.
Step 2: The now considerably slower GPU with 160 ALUs @ 400MHz got introduced.
Step 3: A few month bevor release the clockrate of the GPU got upclocked to 550MHz (and the CPU from 1 GHz to 1.25 GHz)

So IF the rumour is true and the developers here got there first devkits during Step 2, they of course only have seen the upgrade.

Shin'en got their devkits way earlier, that's how they managed to optimize Nano assualt to run on a single core on WiiU with live rendering on the screen and gamepad

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nintendo should buy these guys and make them work on F-Zero

Nintendo should buy these guys, fire the whole PR-staff and use Shinen for future PR.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]