By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 44 (Oct. 28 - Nov. 3)

Great week for Wii U! Honestly anyone who thought it couldn't pull 20k should feel ashamed. We could see for weeks that people were holding out for the bundles but the real test will be a week or two from now to see wher it's baseline is (also Mario week).

The same exact thing happen for the Vita, people thought the new model couldn't do 20k but was able to do 60k and now has a baseline around 25k for the past 3 weeks.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
cbarroso09 said:
DélioPT said:
Those are really good numbers.
Too bad there aren`t that many games coming out for Wii U. The only big hitters are Mario, Taiko Drum and MH.

Wii Fit U retail, Wii Sport Club, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olimpics, Mario 3D World, and then go back to all the titles already released with a small installbase. During christmas there is no need for new releases, people go back to cheaper titles that are good.

Wii Fit U, yes.
Wii Sports Club. Not entirely sure it can have a good effect on sales.
Mario and Sonic never did big numbers in Japan, so i don`t think it will sell systems. Still, it´s a good game.

Mario and MH will be the only system sellers - although this MH probably won`t do much.

tbone51 said:
benao87 said:
I'm more surprised with PSV holding like that.

WiiU is ok, and finally some non doom numbers, let's see what happen the next weeks.

WiiU is ok? Nobody expected it to sell over 20k(at least the majority). Find it weird your surprised about vita more than wiiu? Vita has 6 colors GE2 coming and a its a new model

That's not true. 40k is within a normal range of expectations.

PSV on the other hand, has mantained the same sales for 3 weeks in a row, thats impressive. Although I just saw that there were a bundle releasing this week.

benao87 said:
tbone51 said:
benao87 said:
I'm more surprised with PSV holding like that.

WiiU is ok, and finally some non doom numbers, let's see what happen the next weeks.

WiiU is ok? Nobody expected it to sell over 20k(at least the majority). Find it weird your surprised about vita more than wiiu? Vita has 6 colors GE2 coming and a its a new model

That's not true. 40k is within a normal range of expectations.

PSV on the other hand, has mantained the same sales for 3 weeks in a row, thats impressive. Although I just saw that there were a bundle releasing this week.

Thats not fair. 40k was in nobody expectation, everybody thought 20k be max, neogaf+vgc had alot of people saying it was meaningless with bundles but anyway 40k is good for WiiU.

Also vita didn't maintain sales, it was 60k then stayed at 25-27k for the next 3 weeks. WiiU first Week of Bundles (not a new model/price cut) is 38k so it should maintain between 15-20k for the next 2 weeks

So Japan does not really care about Nintendo's big franchises, but when you give them Wii U Party they go crazy?

Should be up in America as well because we just got 3-4 new games here as well. Wii U party, Zumba fitness, and a few others. Pacman is coming as well. Still waiting for Ghosts as Walmart....my Walmart.

Japan is PSP'ing the Vita!

Around the Network

So Wii U isn't that dead after all huh as people say?

Really glad to see PS Vita holding it's 24K+ numbers. Really can't wait to see that GE2 boost. Just one Media Create Away after next week to see that treat! ^_^

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

spurgeonnintendoryan said:
So Japan does not really care about Nintendo's big franchises, but when you give them Wii U Party they go crazy?

Should be up in America as well because we just got 3-4 new games here as well. Wii U party, Zumba fitness, and a few others. Pacman is coming as well. Still waiting for Ghosts as Walmart....my Walmart.

What big franchise? Only game that should of did well was pikmin 3 which t did. Only other 1st party was a remake which onlyUS cares about

tbone51 said:
spurgeonnintendoryan said:

What big franchise? Only game that should of did well was pikmin 3 which t did. Only other 1st party was a remake which onlyUS cares about

You are happy with how sales have been in Japan? I am saying that it certainly takes a lot for Japan to get interested in a Wii U. Pikmin 3 sales were decent, but I was not that impressed with hardware sales lasting power.

Impressive Vita holding

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Good gravy. Genuinely wasn't expecting those Wii-U numbers. Props to it; that's really impressive.

Shame about the software. I've waded through the thread but don't quite understand what's going on with the massive discrepancies in numbers. Famitsu are counting download cards as physical sales? I find that rather.. odd. Wii Party U clearly did its job as a bundled game, though, so I suppose that's all that matters.

On to other things. Pleased with Vita. I wonder how many sales the bundle actually added, because it was goddamn hideous. The game actually did pretty well on Tsutaya (who don't count bundles) so I'm hoping that not many were actually added and that's just a pretty good hold. I guess we can have a peek next week when there's no bundle and no major game and see how it compares.

Surprised to see 3DS dip below 100k again. Of all the franchises on the planet, having Monster Hunter and Pokemon in rapid succession I'd have thought would've ensured sales above that level. But no biggie; it's just a psychological barrier I suppose.

Software wise - pretty decent opening from Little Battlers. I was expecting worse. Hopefully it'll have some Level-5 legs to propel it to better levels.

Good for Neptunia. I'm pleased with that; and I imagine Compile Heart will be too. Pretty comparable to the FW sales it gets on consoles; even better when digital is factored in which will obviously be an element here.

I think those Gundam Breaker numbers are good too, considering it's a late port of a pretty poorly received PS3 title. But I know Bamco won't be too happy with them. Shame Danganronpa isn't having massive legs either.

Baseball holds shockingly well this year. Baldr did predict that, though :P. Monster Hunter and Grand Theft Auto continue to surpass all my expectations.