By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATED - 7th Gen - 'Which System Won The Console War' - Poll Added

Who really won the the 7th Gen Console War?

Nintendo 138 46.46%

Xbox 360 30 10.10%

PS3 92 30.98%

Make Love Not War 17 5.72%

See Poll 17 5.72%

Total:294
bevochan said:

Well than Highest exclusive of last generation! (tied for 2nd place overall). 

Much as I loved The Last of Us, there are a large portion of people who think Super Mario Galaxy is the best game of this generation, but still this is a subjective argument.  Objectively, Super Mario Galaxy has sold more than 20 million copies, so that trumps TLOU.

Both are very good games, people just have different taste, worse people are the ones who wont play a game cuz its not on their system of choice. Im a huge nintendo fan but i got to say, after SSBB my most played game is Halo 3 which both were just amazing especially when they came out!

Sales dont mean anything, TLoU could of sold just a million, still a high rated game. LoZ OoT highest rated game but nowhere near highest selling (even though the franchise it is)!

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
They lost nearly half their marketshare from gen 6 to gen 7. That is winning?

They sold about 100m PS2s by the time the PS3 came out, and 80m PS3s by the time the PS4 comes out. Seems more like they kept 80% to me.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

no actually i believe 360 will be viewed as the best console of last gen maybe im a bit biased with that b/c im from US and marketing advertisement here is heavily in 360 favor

but some facts are 360
had the superior multiplats
had the best online/interface
had dlc ect exclusive first
most all past PS 3rd party exclusives came to it
sold about the same PS3 should be about 10M greater when its done but 360 took over major western markets go look at NPD history for 7th gen between them its a one side battle

the only thing i can see PS3 doing better is its free online but thats gone and having a few more diverse exclusives

Play Me

radishhead said:
Even if the PS3 sold the same amount as the Wii, the Wii would still be the winner due to profits.

Why are so many people tied about profits? The wii was the worse investment for a gamer it died a quick death, the ps3 still offers a service which does warrant a automatic need to upgrade to the ps4 where the ps3/360 don't.

I'd say they lost the generation. Lost half their install base to Microsoft. Sold at a big loss from the start,.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network

Console race re-enactment

Wow this is the best troll bait thread I have seen in a good long while lmao.

radishhead said:
prayformojo said:

Yes, the "console wars" are decided by raw unit numbers sold, not profit. Arguing over profit margins is a seperate thing. When someone says "the __ won the 6th generation" they aren't talking about who made the most money. They're talking about which console sold the most units. There's a difference.

So really there are two winners of the console war- the Wii for sales and Nintendo for profit

No, just one...Wii.

ugh..did not like the article at all

I am a PS fan. I can admit that PS3 made the most impressive recovery ever, but there is just no way they won this gen. Not just in numbers but also in money made.
But PS4 is looking like the next PS2 out there