By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATED - 7th Gen - 'Which System Won The Console War' - Poll Added

Who really won the the 7th Gen Console War?

Nintendo 138 46.46%

Xbox 360 30 10.10%

PS3 92 30.98%

Make Love Not War 17 5.72%

See Poll 17 5.72%

Total:294
Viper1 said:
Sales winner - Wii
Profit winner - Wii
Turnaround winner - PS3
Generation to generation winner - Nintendo
PR winner - X360

Overall winner - Gamers

Sony won last generation. Generation to generation is like saying consecutive.

Around the Network

Unless you can come up with generally accepted definitions of what it means to "win a console war" and what a "generation" actually amounts to, I will have no option but to treat this as a piece of unashamed PS3 worship.

Just remember, Sony will never love you back.

oniyide said:
Lawlight said:
oniyide said:
...Wii?

Wii died a while back and isn't selling well anymore. It's clear to everybody that the PS3 will pass Wii's numbers.

I dont like to count my chickens before they hatch, but i wouldnt mind as i prefer PS3 to the other 2

I think it's a given. 85M by the end of the year. That doesn't leave a lot.

betacon said:
radishhead said:
Even if the PS3 sold the same amount as the Wii, the Wii would still be the winner due to profits.

Why are so many people tied about profits? The wii was the worse investment for a gamer it died a quick death, the ps3 still offers a service which does warrant a automatic need to upgrade to the ps4 where the ps3/360 don't.

According to who?

I owned a PS3 for like 2 months before getting bored of it and selling it back. Wii I have owned since launch and still enjoy playing it alone and with friends. So to me the PS3 was a far worse investment.

Lol! What a biased article! It hurts my brain forr reading it! Piece of garbage shit is what it is.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
betacon said:
radishhead said:
Even if the PS3 sold the same amount as the Wii, the Wii would still be the winner due to profits.

Why are so many people tied about profits? The wii was the worse investment for a gamer it died a quick death, the ps3 still offers a service which does warrant a automatic need to upgrade to the ps4 where the ps3/360 don't.

According to who?

I owned a PS3 for like 2 months before getting bored of it and selling it back. Wii I have owned since launch and still enjoy playing it alone and with friends. So to me the PS3 was a far worse investment.

It must be according to most, given the current performance of the Wii U.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
Metallicube said:
betacon said:
radishhead said:

According to who?

You do know those are two different consoles don't you?

Metallicube said:
Osc89 said:
Metallicube said:

According to who?

Yes, but the Wii gamers have to go somewhere. People aren't sticking with the Wii, given it's hardware and software sales, and they aren't going to the Wii U. They are either done with gaming, or they aren't happy sticking with Nintendo home consoles. This implies they weren't happy investing in a Wii, or at least thought something else was a better investment. Might have moved to the 3DS, PS3, 360 or PC.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Wii still lives, didnt skylanders swapforce just outsell the othere versions? Ninty say 500000 people still use WiiFit on a daily basis in Japan, people still use there Wii''s!

Osc89 said:
Metallicube said:
Osc89 said:
Metallicube said:

According to who?

Yes, but the Wii gamers have to go somewhere. People aren't sticking with the Wii, given it's hardware and software sales, and they aren't going to the Wii U. They are either done with gaming, or they aren't happy sticking with Nintendo home consoles. This implies they weren't happy investing in a Wii, or at least thought something else was a better investment. Might have moved to the 3DS, PS3, 360 or PC.

Wii U is more of a Gamecube disguised as a Wii than a true Wii successor. Outside the name and the fact that there's a quirky new controller, there is really not much about the Wii U that is similar to the Wii. The games resemble more of the "hardcore" and Gamecube types..

So really it was Nintendo that didn't stick with THEM, not the other way around. Why/how would so many gamers decide to bail simultaneously? They are all individuals, it's not like they all have a hive mind or something..

Nintendo (for the past few years) decided to go back to more of the niche Gamecube style games. That is why Wii U is suffering. What they aren't happy with wasn't the Wii, it was the direction Nintendo took AFTER the Wii, and it was also the fact that Nintendo abandoned the Wii so soon with support. I know this because I am one of these people. We'll see what happens when more of the Wii-style games come out, like Super Mario 3D World, Wii Sports Club, Wii Fit U, Mario Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros, etc, are released..