By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATED - 7th Gen - 'Which System Won The Console War' - Poll Added

Who really won the the 7th Gen Console War?

Nintendo 138 46.46%

Xbox 360 30 10.10%

PS3 92 30.98%

Make Love Not War 17 5.72%

See Poll 17 5.72%

Total:294
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:
Wii won, games(IMO) and sales wise(not debatable).

People still think this?

I didn't think anyone could argue this for Wii (and haven't seen for the past several years)....

thats all preference. Nobody can say wat is better cuz its opinions. If somebody liked only wii games or ps3 thats them. Sales are a different thing cuz its a fact and nobody can say otherwise. 

Also if this is anything to go off of didn't Wii have the highest rated game on meta?

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

Yes, the "console wars" are decided by raw unit numbers sold, not profit. Arguing over profit margins is a seperate thing. When someone says "the __ won the 6th generation" they aren't talking about who made the most money. They're talking about which console sold the most units. There's a difference.

So really there are two winners of the console war- the Wii for sales and Nintendo for profit

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

fmjasinski said:
Sony wins even losing.

Reminds me of this:

outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

People still think this?

I didn't think anyone could argue this for Wii (and haven't seen for the past several years)....

I think there are enough games from enough different genres on all three seventh-gen consoles to make a convincing case for any of them, Wii included.

oniyide said:
...Wii?

Wii died a while back and isn't selling well anymore. It's clear to everybody that the PS3 will pass Wii's numbers.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

People still think this?

thats all preference. Nobody can say wat is better cuz its opinions. If somebody liked only wii games or ps3 thats them. Sales are a different thing cuz its a fact and nobody can say otherwise. 

Also if this is anything to go off of didn't Wii have the highest rated game on meta?

Yes, but when you claim something has a better game library, that statement is assumed to be made from an objective standpoint. I don't how you can make that objective comparison and say the Wii offers more than the other consoles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

he meant that it MIGHT eventually catch up, since ps3's are still being made and selling, while wii isent selling anymore especially since they stopped the production of the console. Though i do like some of nientendos products such as 3ds and wii U( if they release games on it that arent remakes or the same old mario games on it). though there is a possiblilty ps3 could catch up but its not very likely but there is a chance.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

People still think this?

I think there are enough games from enough different genres on all three seventh-gen consoles to make a convincing case for any of them, Wii included.

I'm not saying the Wii has a bad library or that what it offers isn't worth the cost (I'm a strong believer that the Wii has more than enough to justify owning it). It's library is just worse than its competition.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It sure did. In sales and game library.

PlayerOfKings said:

he meant that it MIGHT eventually catch up, since ps3's are still being made and selling, while wii isent selling anymore especially since they stopped the production of the console. Though i do like some of nientendos products such as 3ds and wii U( if they release games on it that arent remakes or the same old mario games on it). though there is a possiblilty ps3 could catch up but its not very likely but there is a chance.

Dude, it's very likely. The PS3 sold 6.5M from January to September. I expect 4.5M PS3s to be sold from October to December.