By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ps4 suffers frame rate issue on ghost

DirtyP2002 said:
Call of Duty never maxed out a PS3 / Xbox 360 in the past.
CoD is known and loved for its gameplay - not the breathtaking visuals.

People make a way too big deal out of the resolution or the framerate now. The Xbox One and PS4 can and will do more, heck there are launch games for both consoles that kill CoD from a technical standpoint (Ryse, Forza, Killzone). And a studio that has to make a game for PC / Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One / Wii U in 2 years will not be optimised in any way.

I actually like CoD and got it on preorder for Xbox One, but to use it as a technical benchmark is just stupid.

I dont care so much about the resolution as I too have it preordered for xbox one, but the 60 fps does matter because its what gives cod its smoothness and what makes it so fast and fluid. I hope they 720p resolution means we get a solid locked 60 fps at all times cause the gameplay is where it matters most.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Frequency said:
Dips at checkpoints are something that happens on most games, if you think games maintain silky smooth frame rate when loading data you are dead wrong, hell you could have a $6000 gaming PC and a screen showing nothing but a spinning loading icon is doing to stutter and pause regardless, that's why most use loading bars because stutters in bars are less noticeable.

As for slowdown during heavy effects, that's going to happen on both versions.
Tldr, wowitsfluffingnothing.gif

If it is frame rate issues it is noticable drop offs that will hinder the experience.  Dips is fine as long as they arent significant enough for you to notice.  When you notice it looks as if it is skipping frames.  

So when they say frame rate issues, i believe they are saying that it is noticable and hinders the gameplay.  

The review specifically states during 'set pieces' aka cut scenes, aka not gameplay.

I would be interested to know if the game was installed to HDD or was installing during his gameplay, but alas he does not mention, but alas thus far the only frame rate issues noted have been during cut scenes and one reviewer noting some during multiplayer, but those were differed to as brief dips, without specifics how are we to know how big of a dip it is? 5fps, 10fps? Hell it could dip 30fps and you would still be getting a frame rate that pretty much most current gen games AIM for.

Storm in a teacup, when the reviews for Xbox one hit those will show the same issues, only it will be played out to be an even bigger issue then for obvious reasons.

Either way this thread is setup as pure flame bait by a most likely throw away or secondary account, so what do we really expect?

ironmanDX said:
DerNebel said:
ironmanDX said:
Funny, the people who called the Xbox One weak for a drop in resolution in favour of 60fps are nowhere to be seen in this thread.

Funny, cause nowhere in the article does it say that the Xbox One doesn't suffer from similar frame rate issues.

IW said the reason why the resolution was dropped was so it could maintain 60fps... Not sure if kidding... 

But they also said that it runs at a solid 60 fps across all platforms so it's kind of hard to take their word for it when they are having dips in frame rate on ps4.  I hope they can fix any frame rate issue, I don't have much faith in Infinity Ward though.

Frequency said:

Either way this thread is setup as pure flame bait by a most likely throw away or secondary account, so what do we really expect?

The same like most of the threads about next-gen in the last couple of weeks, of course.

Sounds more like a development problem than a hardware one. Don't set such high goals if you can't actually use the machine to do it.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Frequency said:

The same like most of the threads about next-gen in the last couple of weeks, of course.

I have noticed an awful lot of new posters recently, actually.

Too_Talls said:
The Fandom is strong in this one. Calm down ladies this is clearly an infinity ward goof. It doesn't have much to do with either console. It's the unfamiliarity. Thats why the current systems don't have any problems.

I agree with you.  My problem is when you have these "informed" and respected members of the Youtube Video Game Community saying things like "The next gen has just begun and we're already seeing limitations?" or "The next-gen consoles are based on PC architecture so they're easy to develop for.  Developers don't have to figure out the machines because the already know how to develop for PC".  I think that, like every gen, the hardware will be optimized and the software will improve by leaps and bounds.

I wouldn't use any consoles launch titles as a guage of actual power.

Frequency said:
walsufnir said:
Frequency said:

I have noticed an awful lot of new posters recently, actually.

Sure, a lot on both sides.

Frequency said:

The review specifically states during 'set pieces' aka cut scenes, aka not gameplay.

I would be interested to know if the game was installed to HDD or was installing during his gameplay, but alas he does not mention, but alas thus far the only frame rate issues noted have been during cut scenes and one reviewer noting some during multiplayer, but those were differed to as brief dips, without specifics how are we to know how big of a dip it is? 5fps, 10fps? Hell it could dip 30fps and you would still be getting a frame rate that pretty much most current gen games AIM for.

Storm in a teacup, when the reviews for Xbox one hit those will show the same issues, only it will be played out to be an even bigger issue then for obvious reasons.

I wouldnt know.  I havent read the reviews.  I will sometime later today to see what is up.  If both are having frame rate issues (In game) then ill either skip getting it or pick it up on PC.   

As for flaimbait, idk about that.  If it is true then there is nothing wrong with it.  JUst because something is negative doesnt mean it is flamebait.  However if XBO also has the same issues he needs to add that to the title.

EDIT:  I dont even think XBO is allowed to be reviewed yet so this would explain only PS4 in the title. Hopefully it wont have the same issues but my guess is it will.

X1 fans need to chill and stop jumping on any little bad Sony news. I know it's frustrating lately but really without knowing the full scope of this on both consoles, it's a little premature to be all LOL@ PS4. The way it's described in the campaign sounds like no big deal really. What would bother me though is this, "occasionally it occurred in multiplayer for reasons I couldn't even guess at." This could really piss people off depending on the "occasion". I was planing on getting Ghosts too but I may actually pass, just stick with Ryse and DR3 until Titanfall comes out.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.