By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ps4 suffers frame rate issue on ghost

walsufnir said:
res-drop - hardware's fault.
framerate-issues - developer's fault.

Well obviously lol

I believe this shows that developers need a little more time with hardware so they can optimize better on both consoles  as A LOT of people has been mentioning, but A LOT of people just seem to ignore them and get all Mr. Angry Pants over resolution and now Frame Rate.

But you know, the best  looking games always come out day one for new consoles xD

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Funny, the people who called the Xbox One weak for a drop in resolution in favour of 60fps are nowhere to be seen in this thread.

Probably because it was around 5am when it was posted. Take the tin foil hat off because there is no conspiracy here

JayWood2010 said:
walsufnir said:

Well obviously lol

I believe this shows that developers need a little more time with hardware so they can optimize better on both consoles  as A LOT of people has been mentioning, but A LOT of people just seem to ignore them and get all Mr. Angry Pants over resolution and now Frame Rate.

But you know, the best  looking games always come out day one for new consoles xD

Actually this is what I expected. Tools have to get evolved, APIs get hardened, some OS changes influence games, the whole surrounding has to get known to devs. A wonder that 3rd parties have even games running ;)

I think in about a year we will see a massive leap in terms of graphics for both consoles. How multiplats will differentiate we will see.

Btw OP, edit the title "if" it is both.  If it is both XBO and PS4 then you need to note that.  I didnt read the reviews so i dont know, but if it is, you should include that.

Also fix the format as it is kind of ugly and hard to read.

The Fandom is strong in this one. Calm down ladies this is clearly an infinity ward goof. It doesn't have much to do with either console. It's the unfamiliarity. Thats why the current systems don't have any problems.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
JayWood2010 said:
walsufnir said:

Well obviously lol

Actually this is what I expected. Tools have to get evolved, APIs get hardened, some OS changes influence games, the whole surrounding has to get known to devs. A wonder that 3rd parties have even games running ;)

I think in about a year we will see a massive leap in terms of graphics for both consoles. How multiplats will differentiate we will see.

Oh we will.  And in two years there will be another leap, and then another in three years.  Its why i dont understand why people are getting all bitchy over launch games when they arent even very optimized yet.  Personally seeing Ryse and Killzone im pretty happy with the way launch games are looking at the moment.  Ill use an example from an early to late gen game on X360/PS3

Dips at checkpoints are something that happens on most games, if you think games maintain silky smooth frame rate when loading data you are dead wrong, hell you could have a $6000 gaming PC and a screen showing nothing but a spinning loading icon is doing to stutter and pause regardless, that's why most use loading bars because stutters in bars are less noticeable.

As for slowdown during heavy effects, that's going to happen on both versions.
Tldr, wowitsfluffingnothing.gif

Did any reviewers mention frame rate issues with the 1080P multiplayer? While disappointing with respect to the campaign, multiplayer is what I care about.

Frequency said:
Dips at checkpoints are something that happens on most games, if you think games maintain silky smooth frame rate when loading data you are dead wrong, hell you could have a $6000 gaming PC and a screen showing nothing but a spinning loading icon is doing to stutter and pause regardless, that's why most use loading bars because stutters in bars are less noticeable.

As for slowdown during heavy effects, that's going to happen on both versions.
Tldr, wowitsfluffingnothing.gif

If it is frame rate issues it is noticable drop offs that will hinder the experience.  Dips is fine as long as they arent significant enough for you to notice.  When you notice it looks as if it is skipping frames.  

So when they say frame rate issues, i believe they are saying that it is noticable and hinders the gameplay.  

SandyVGina said:
Did any reviewers mention frame rate issues with the 1080P multiplayer? While disappointing with respect to the campaign, multiplayer is what I care about.

Giantbomb did