By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS vs PS Vita Sales

Well, Vita is quite clearly the best portable of all time (to date), it just needs more defining software to support the hardware :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

2DS is way more comfortable than the vita, and I like the CPP for ergonomics purposes^

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
2DS is way more comfortable than the vita, and I like the CPP for ergonomics purposes^

And this compensates for technical deficiencies how? Grips are always an option for Vita. Though I find it more comfortable as a system anyway, it's just the touch pad gets in the way at times, luckily very little uses it.

CPP was far too big to remain a "portable" system, but that said I've not tried a 2DS. Given 3DS games are cut back techncally to add stereoscopic 3D, I don't get why you would want to ignore that part of the system.

3D is there to help the resolution.

Have you played Ace Attorney 5 or EX troopers? Capcom makes some wonderful graphics with the 3DS and its no where near being tapped out because many lowball with the system. It does a lot of stuff though, Its only drawback is its cpu.

MikeRox said:

And this compensates for technical deficiencies how? Grips are always an option for Vita. Though I find it more comfortable as a system anyway, it's just the touch pad gets in the way at times, luckily very little uses it.

CPP was far too big to remain a "portable" system, but that said I've not tried a 2DS. Given 3DS games are cut back techncally to add stereoscopic 3D, I don't get why you would want to ignore that part of the system.

http://nintendocharged.com/NChargedLibary/2013/03/PS-Vita_vs_3DS-Circle-Pad-Pro.jpg

well you can remove the CPP but.. yeah by your logic then the vita isn't a "portable" system?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Well, Vita is quite clearly the best portable of all time (to date), it just needs more defining software to support the hardware :p

That makes it the most powerful portable, not the best. You even admit yourself it isn't the best :P

I see where your coming from. But software is irrelevant when deciding the "best" portable console. From a design point the Vita is near flawless.

It also has a better software lineup for me personally than the 3DS. It just doesn't have the big flagship titles to draw a larger audience and Sony have severely failed to demonstrate just how good their system is.

I do have a 3DS too but that's just for Nintendo games.

I'd have to say if you were going to bring software libraries into it, the original GB/GBC/GBA lineup is still the one to beat.

Just to let anybody know, adjustments were made. Vita sales are around 6.1mil ..... 3DS 36.2mil

ganoncrotch said:
MikeRox said:

http://nintendocharged.com/NChargedLibary/2013/03/PS-Vita_vs_3DS-Circle-Pad-Pro.jpg

well you can remove the CPP but.. yeah by your logic then the vita isn't a "portable" system?

Fails to show the added "bulk". The volume with CPP is much larger than Vita. It also kills the symmetry which may be my OCD kicking in but I like a centred screen.

That said I wouldnt have played Revelations any other way.

MikeRox said:
I see where your coming from. But software is irrelevant when deciding the "best" portable console. From a design point the Vita is near flawless.

It also has a better software lineup for me personally than the 3DS. It just doesn't have the big flagship titles to draw a larger audience and Sony have severely failed to demonstrate just how good their system is.

I do have a 3DS too but that's just for Nintendo games.

I'd have to say if you were going to bring software libraries into it, the original GB/GBC/GBA lineup is still the one to beat.

-the OLED screen is nice but any game which uses the touch screen will have you cleaning it of fingerprints every 2 minutes

-the right analogue stick is way too close to the X button, while playing wipeout I'm always struggling to avoid touching it a tiny bit since it controls the camera and I've big manly thumbs

-that whole massive black panel at the end to the left and right of the PSVITA logo, what is that for? it's such a massive amount of the face of the system and it has nothing on it, the psp has the volume, brightness, equilizer, mute, screen off, start/select and home buttons on here they seem to have just shuffled them all over the system to make it different.

-No hardware brightness adjustment like on the PSP now been moved into a menu from the OS

Was gonna say too that you say about great libraries of the gba, gbc and original game boy if you had an ambassador 3ds you get some of the best GBA games ever as download titles.Don't have um myself, my better half has tho, makes me jelly as fuck, Dat Yoshis Island....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive