By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Forbes cites VGChartz

Sorry to open a brand new thread but I couldn't find the old one where we can report the different sources that cite this site.

However Forbes has cited VGC in this article that spoke about "future classic games":

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/08/future-video-games-tech-future07-cx_mn_de_0211game.html?partner=yahootix 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Also what do you think about this part of the article ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another bold prediction: Within 10 years, guilds formed on "War [World] of Warcraft" or other online games will become offline political forces. Especially in Asia, look for these groups to start agitating for social change.

This is a role traditionally reserved for university students, but in many ways, online groups are better suited to challenge the status quo. These tight-knit, hierarchical groups are dispersed geographically, and they're used to playing specific roles--for example, casting healing spells or printing 1,000 posters.

In short, the instigators of the next Tiananmen Square could very well not be students from Peking University, but members of the "Chinese Nathrezim Finger Guild."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Well, as it stands now, WoW eats your real life, so I don't know what they would be interested to protest about. Seems to me those people would be easier to control.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I liked this part

Videogame graphics will continue to grow richer and more detailed. But don't expect that photo realism alone will be enough to sell a game. Sony's face-flop with the PS3 proves gamers aren't obsessed with hyper-realistic graphics to the extent that game designers are.

Most gamers don't require characters who look exactly like actors in a movie, and don't care how realistically blood splatters; they want to play great games. Chess isn't any more or less fun in high definition; it's the game that counts.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Ok so I guess in the 2012 election I'm going to be voting for a Warcrafter haha, really there needs to be a new political group to stir things up, I think the people that don't vote can get behind a Warcraft player.

And I like the term face-flop I'm going to use that in some form in the near future.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

And it happens in the first line....without sarcasm or doubt. I think this is the biggest reference I've seen. Congratz, ioi.

Wow. That's about as big as it gets right there. Congrats ioi, vgchartz, and the other folks who make it happen. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Congratz ioi!!!! and Go Vgchartz!

worldwide domination of VG Chartz starts right here!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Forbes is pretty big stuff.. Congratz ioi and go VGC!!!

Now if we can get the software to that level of acceptance.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.