By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Right hand vs Left hand in gaming

Are you a?

Lefty 28 32.18%

Rgihty 40 45.98%

Ambidextrous 12 13.79%

I don't have hands and I... 7 8.05%

Total:87

I was just wondering how hard is it in the gaming world being a lefty.  Do you think it is different? i mean games like kid icarus, i can't imagine playing with your minor hand.  Is it hard to play with an arcade stick? Playing PC, do you use Lefty mouse?  What are the advantage of being a lefty or a righty if theres any in the gaming world? how did you play wii as a lefty? would you rather have a custon made gamepad for lefty? do you ever felt discriminated on the world of gaming as a lefy?

I wonder how many here are lefty or righty or ambi.....

Around the Network

You say gaming but I know what you really mean.......

You mean video gaming!

For pc it's easier to find a right handed mouse. And they keyboard is easier to use with your left hand. For xbox though the stick placement is better for left handed people...

I don't think it matters. Your hand - eye coordination just get use to the controls as you play more.

attaboy said:
You say gaming but I know what you really mean.......

You mean video gaming!

I posted this under GAMING discussion NOT VIDEO GAMING Discussion. DUH

Around the Network

I'm left handed I don't think its that much more difficult. I use a regular mouse just that I have it on the left side from my keyboard (don't game on the PC though). Only played the Wii a couple of times didn't have a problem with the Wii mote. Still haven't played Kid Icarus on the 3DS or any other 3DS game that one might be a bit difficult though from what I have heard.

JerCotter7 said:
For pc it's easier to find a right handed mouse. And they keyboard is easier to use with your left hand. For xbox though the stick placement is better for left handed people...

so lefty should buy xbox and righty should buy sony :p

I see no issue at all. Ambi here... well maybe because I hurted my right hand for one month so I did everything fine with the left hand (so fine that I guess I was better in table tennis with left hand).

I write left handed, but I guess I'm ambidextrous as I do some things right handed and can easily adapt.

Gaming hasn't been a problem at all for me whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is using the stylus on the DS and the 3DS, it felt a little odd at first and I always avoided using it, I'm used to it now though.

JerCotter7 said:

Exactly that is why the 360 and soon the X1 controller is my prefered controller.  I'm left handed.