By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Right hand vs Left hand in gaming

Are you a?

Lefty 28 32.18%

Rgihty 40 45.98%

Ambidextrous 12 13.79%

I don't have hands and I... 7 8.05%

Total:87

It's actually an advantage while gaming on a traditional controller. It's quite comfortable and stuff like shoryukens are easy to execute. With the Wii I kept using the left hand to control the analog stick, and pointing with the right wasn't a big problem. Using the stylus with the right hand on a DS... that's another story.

Around the Network

I guess you never used a Atari 2600 joystick the one button it has is definitley in the wrong postition for left handed people.  As for other controllers I don't really have any problems with them.  If you think about it they are kinda designed to benefit left handed people since the primary controls (d-pad and stick) are always on the left side.

aikohualda said:
Augen said:
I am a lefty, and for vast majority of games it is no issue. The only time I have problems is when DS/3DS expect you to use a stylus and move your character (d-pad or stick are on the left) since I use my left for both.

I have trained myself to use right as could not afford left handed baseball glove and anywhere I worked with computer mouse had to use right.

On a controller both hands are used so no issue. Never really thought about it.

which one do you masturbait with? :P

Banana King's.

Augen said:
aikohualda said:
Augen said:
I am a lefty, and for vast majority of games it is no issue. The only time I have problems is when DS/3DS expect you to use a stylus and move your character (d-pad or stick are on the left) since I use my left for both.

I have trained myself to use right as could not afford left handed baseball glove and anywhere I worked with computer mouse had to use right.

On a controller both hands are used so no issue. Never really thought about it.

which one do you masturbait with? :P

Banana King's.

i thought augen like uncut banana :P

WOW! there are more lefty + Ambi than exclusive righty people here....

Around the Network

I'm left-handed but gaming hasn't caused me many problems. I've just learned to use my right hand for many activities, whether mouse or Wii remote or whatever. The biggest problem, as many have said, is stylus controls. I need to use my left had for that, but thankfully some DS and 3DS games allow left-handed users to switch the buttons with the D-pad.

Holy shit, that poll result. We need a scientific study on gamers, NOW.

brendude13 said:

Indeed. I know way less rgiht handed people in real life than what those poll results imply.

Player2 said:
brendude13 said:

Indeed. I know way less rgiht handed people in real life than what those poll results imply.

i know wtf! maybe just maybe... lefty tend to game more than righty in ratio
 :O but why!?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm left-handed but gaming hasn't caused me many problems. I've just learned to use my right hand for many activities, whether mouse or Wii remote or whatever. The biggest problem, as many have said, is stylus controls. I need to use my left had for that, but thankfully some DS and 3DS games allow left-handed users to switch the buttons with the D-pad.

a lof of lefty are here on vgchartz... weird :P