By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you really think PS4 can boost Vita sales?

Do you think PS4 interaction can help Vita sales?

Yes, it will help 132 55.46%

No, not really 106 44.54%

Total:238
Munkeh111 said:
JWeinCom said:
Munkeh111 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
No cause the remote play thing... which was the vita's only saving grace... is just like the ps3 where locally it works good, but remotely... its terriable

The PS4 is designed to stream stuff, it is going to work far better on the Vita

Yes it will, but it's not going to cause a sudden spike. My brother was motivated into buying a Vita due to the impending PS4 and I'm sure it will push many over the edge.

“We strongly recommend that Remote Play be used within the same Wi-Fi network where PS4 is connected,” the FAQ states. “Remote Play may or may not work over a wide area network. For Remote Play to function over a wide area network, a robust and stable Wi-Fi connection and broadband Internet connection is required, and the local area network where PS4 is connected must be configured to permit the PS Vita system to access PS4.”

Yeah, but it was crap within the same network before, that's all I meant. You had to leave your PS3 on at all times to use it and could only play 1 or 2 games. I also think with a good enough internet it will work, just probably not in an area of free public wi-fi or something.

I don't think it will work well in the average wifi network.  Sony's language certainly doesn't indicate confidence that the feature will work well in anything but your own wifi network.  That was pretty much the point of the original post you responded to.

As for working well locally, uhhh maybe.  As much as I enjoy the ability to do remote play with the Wii U, it isn't a feature that I could see myself, or anyone else, spending 200 dollars extra for.

Around the Network

It will help. But it can not "save" Vita

Click HERE and be happy 

SnowPrince said:
It will certainly help due to the remote play, also I think that the remote play could be considered as one of the biggest features of the PS4 and could significantly help the Vita's performance if advertised right and especially in the second year when PS4 would have a good userbase.

If it works. I know that the Vita and PS4 have hardware to help streaming but RP on PS3/PSP was mediocre at best and I have a lot of reservations on it.

If it does work as intended than I can see it bumping Vita/Vita TV sales quite a bit.

I'm in the "it won't hurt" camp, how much will it help? Unsure, gut feel is not a lot but it'll have a positive effect. I don't think people will run out and buy a vita straight off the bat but it does improve the value proposition, so what I'd expect to see is no initial boost when the ps4 launches but a very gradual increase in the steady state sales as the ps4 install base grows. The tricky thing will be measuring that.

WagnerPaiva said:
A little bit, yes, like, it will double the normal sales for good, like, 40k to 80k every week, not much, but better than nothing.

If something double sales i call that a huge success! It wont double sales imo though, Vita needs 2 things. Games (big sony name games like GT) and a memory price cut (the $200 handheld price is good where its at)

Around the Network

It may be possible but it increases the amount some will pay. $399 for PS4 plus $249 for Vita... It starts to get a bit expensive to have both. The Vita is a secondary device that people may buy at a later time but that doesn't help boost sales now.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

It won't save it, but it will definitely help.

It'll get a boost from the strengthening of the PS brand and the advertisement off the back of the PS4. Remote Play will help too, but I won't really be able to guess how much.

JWeinCom said:
Munkeh111 said:
JWeinCom said:

“We strongly recommend that Remote Play be used within the same Wi-Fi network where PS4 is connected,” the FAQ states. “Remote Play may or may not work over a wide area network. For Remote Play to function over a wide area network, a robust and stable Wi-Fi connection and broadband Internet connection is required, and the local area network where PS4 is connected must be configured to permit the PS Vita system to access PS4.”

Yeah, but it was crap within the same network before, that's all I meant. You had to leave your PS3 on at all times to use it and could only play 1 or 2 games. I also think with a good enough internet it will work, just probably not in an area of free public wi-fi or something.

I don't think it will work well in the average wifi network.  Sony's language certainly doesn't indicate confidence that the feature will work well in anything but your own wifi network.  That was pretty much the point of the original post you responded to.

As for working well locally, uhhh maybe.  As much as I enjoy the ability to do remote play with the Wii U, it isn't a feature that I could see myself, or anyone else, spending 200 dollars extra for.

My point is, I don't think that it is a system seller in itself, but it gets people interested in the console if they aren't already. If they are, then it is an extra incentive to buy it.

If you have a PS4, you could get a 3DS, or for a bit more get a Vita and get Remote Play

I will be interested to see how remote play does work, but my home network is very good, so hopefully that will help out a bit. It's something I'll give a test in December

yes
with all the people who buy playstation plus to play multiplayer games on the ps4 some will realize that they have many games they could get as well if they had a vita. since they don't have to actually have a vita to "buy" those games many (of that some) will hold off until there are enough games they want to play both from plus and cross buy that it would be silly not to get the system.

Wonktonodi said:
yes
with all the people who buy playstation plus to play multiplayer games on the ps4 some will realize that they have many games they could get as well if they had a vita. since they don't have to actually have a vita to "buy" those games many (of that some) will hold off until there are enough games they want to play both from plus and cross buy that it would be silly not to get the system.

YES but its expensive though

$400= PS4 

$120= Two Games

$200= Vita

$40= Memory Card

$100+= Accessories

Thats alot! Its a great add on feat, just not a system seller imo. Vita TV is a different story