By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you really think PS4 can boost Vita sales?

Do you think PS4 interaction can help Vita sales?

Yes, it will help 132 55.46%

No, not really 106 44.54%

Total:238

Remote play seem cool, but it I don' think it will be the selling point of the Vita.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

It will certainly help due to the remote play, also I think that the remote play could be considered as one of the biggest features of the PS4 and could significantly help the Vita's performance if advertised right and especially in the second year when PS4 would have a good userbase.

I think it will help in a way, by putting it in a better position for consumers eyes, but not in the short term

It'll help cuz it wont have a negative effect lol, but it wont be as a savoir type of thing, PEOPLE Spending $500+ For PS4's this holiday (all hardcore Sony fans buying a ps4 first and they'll all buy at least 2 games this year).

If a bundle with Vita TV then yes i could see it pushing it, i find vita's connectivity a great feat, not a system seller if that makes sense! (talking only about vita handheld)

If the PS4 becomes the market leader by a good margin, consider the vita saved.

Around the Network

Probably not. Bt atleast I can use remoteplay.

tbone51 said:
It'll help cuz it wont have a negative effect lol, but it wont be as a savoir type of thing, PEOPLE Spending $500+ For PS4's this holiday (all hardcore Sony fans buying a ps4 first and they'll all buy at least 2 games this year).

If a bundle with Vita TV then yes i could see it pushing it, i find vita's connectivity a great feat, not a system seller if that makes sense! (talking only about vita handheld)

You need to think long term. Gamers aren't forced to buy both at the same time. I could really see a lot of core gamers picking up PS4s this year, and buying Vitas next holiday. Plus Wii U should be doing better by then so multiplats between it and Vita+PS4 could become a thing.

No if anything the PS4 will be a bigger priority for both consumers and Sony. Vita is on life support at this point in time.

Will Wii U boost 3DS sales?

tbone51 said:

It could very well have a negative effect both for vita and ps4..

Cuz of Wii-U have it for no ekstra price.. meaning, if sony talk to much about it.. manu casuals (95% of gamer market) will see wii-u, not only made for that control, but also much cheaper.. and all respect to the vita.. but upad is way more "aerodynamic"..