By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My Battlefield 4 campaign review...

Tagged games:

Normando said:
@Kyliedog @ Mr Puggsly.

So pretty much we have both of you stating your opinions about the CoD campaign without saying it was just your opinion. Followed by several pages of "You're dumb! No you're dumb! You didn't say it was just your opinion! No you never said it was just your opinion! Well, you have no life! No, you have no life!" or did I miss something? Try not to break any nails guys.

Oh, and on topic. I think it's weird that the regular BF games have bad stories since I really liked the story in bad company 2. So we know they CAN do a good story mode. Also, I think CoD is hit or Miss. I liked the campaigns in the first two MW games and World at War. I couldn't finish BO and didn't like MW3 or BLOPS2.

Hah! Some people get angry when you don't trash CoD's campagins. The personal attacks were mostly his doing. It was good fun though.

Creating a campaign similar to the Bad Company games seems like the obvious thing to do. Given people actually like those campaigns.

I feel the missions in the BF seires should be large open maps to explore and you just have to make it to the objective points. But you can explore the areas and complete side missions, find hidden items, etc. I want more Crysis and less linear galley shooter.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Its clear the campaign isn't the top priorty for developers. But the campaign was advertised and used to draw people in.

They don't get much attention but the Medal of Honor games actually had pretty good campaigns. EA needs to bring some of that talent over to Dice.

Thanks for the heads up and the spoiler free review. (I hate spoilers.)

What games would you recomend instead for those of us that like campagnes with stories?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

As for my cup of tea: I've only played CoD Black Ops and BF3 single player. BLOPS, without being anything remarkable, was a pretty enjoyable experience. BF3 campaign was a rip off of BLOPS with the interrogation and flashback stuff and I had to force me to finish it.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

As for my cup of tea: I've only played CoD Black Ops and BF3 single player. BLOPS, without being anything remarkable, was a pretty enjoyable experience. BF3 campaign was a rip off of BLOPS with the interrogation and flashback stuff and I had to force me to finish it.

Ditto on forcing myself to finish BF3 and that was the case for BF4. A four hours campaign wasn't short enough.

For what its worth, BF4 will actually make you appreciate the effort put into BF3. There isn't much of a story in BF4 and you'll be amazed by some of the poor level design. The last few missions seem like developers ran out of time.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Zappykins said:

What games would you recomend instead for those of us that like campagnes with stories?

Well the campaigns I'd most recommend are already pretty popular. Halo, Gears, Bioshock, Max Payne 3, etc.

But a few somewhat obscure shooters with a solid story... The Darkness, Condemened 1 and 2, MoH: Warfighter, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Binary Domain, and Spec Ops: The Line.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Normando said:
@Kyliedog @ Mr Puggsly.

So pretty much we have both of you stating your opinions about the CoD campaign without saying it was just your opinion. Followed by several pages of "You're dumb! No you're dumb! You didn't say it was just your opinion! No you never said it was just your opinion! Well, you have no life! No, you have no life!" or did I miss something? Try not to break any nails guys.

Oh, and on topic. I think it's weird that the regular BF games have bad stories since I really liked the story in bad company 2. So we know they CAN do a good story mode. Also, I think CoD is hit or Miss. I liked the campaigns in the first two MW games and World at War. I couldn't finish BO and didn't like MW3 or BLOPS2.

Hah! Some people get angry when you don't trash CoD's campagins. The personal attacks were mostly his doing. It was good fun though.

Creating a campaign similar to the Bad Company games seems like the obvious thing to do. Given people actually like those campaigns.

I feel the missions in the BF seires should be large open maps to explore and you just have to make it to the objective points. But you can explore the areas and complete side missions, find hidden items, etc. I want more Crysis and less linear galley shooter.

That would be better, as long as it doesn't play like Crysis :P I agree that in a game like BF they could do some cool things with a more open campaign.

Mr Puggsly said:
Zappykins said:

Well the campaigns I'd most recommend are already pretty popular. Halo, Gears, Bioshock, Max Payne 3, etc.

But a few somewhat obscure shooters with a solid story... The Darkness, Condemened 1 and 2, MoH: Warfighter, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Binary Domain, and Spec Ops: The Line.

Ah, thanks.  Sounds like you have similar to taste to me as I like a number of those things too. It ashame it's not better. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!