By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

3DS News: March 12, 2014

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Has anyone seen TPP Crystal? This run has actually been better! I just checked the "progression page", and they've done a way better job than in Red. They alredy beat Lance, and they had a really good team! And they gave awesome names to the Kanto badges!

Watched a little bit but soon lost interest. May start back up though soon.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

They got the first 3 badges in Johto quite quickly.

They did a lot of nothing for a while, but they did get the machine part and now are in the Power Plant.

Revenge of that same ledge was glorious tho.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

this weeks North American e-shop downloads

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/nintendo_download_13th_march_north_america

Used my $5 Digital Deluxe credit to get The Lost Levels! Still waiting on Nintendo to speed up VC releases though, they mentioned that months ago o.O

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

One minor thing I'd like changed is the eShop giving you more info about a game after you click it, specifically the game's size, along with any updates and DLC. If I recall correctly, it first didn't show you that info until after you purchased it. Then an update made it where  it lists the game's size on the same screen as the purchase button. But that screen still doesn't include info about the size of patches and DLC. It should be that right after I click on a game, the initial size, plus the size of any extras, should be right there without me having to go through a few more screens.

Small things like this always makes me wonder if the developer at all has asked someone else than their buddy to go trough the interface - or the more conspiratorial thought "if we give that information some people might not buy" as you have limited amount of memory on the Wii U and 3DS.

Well I made a Persona Q thread
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180048

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

guiduc said:
http://www.gamrreview.com/review/91098/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-wiiu

I don't get why this game is getting such average scores, although it is 100 times better than Returns. C'mon, only the music makes the game worth it. Such a shame...

AS I said in the review, it just felt disappointing.  There were fewer worlds, far less variety in gameplay and style, Not nearly as innovative level design, and it was short.  Plus, for all the love the water levels were getting pre-release, I found them to be absolutely terrible without exception.  

It's not a bad game, but it's not as good as the others.  I'd rank them: 

1 - Donkey Kong Country 2:  Diddy's Kong Quest
2 - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
3 - Donkey Kong Country
4 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

5 - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. 

The first four were all pretty tight, and great for different reasons.  The first was original, revolutionary, pretty, and had some great levels and worlds.  the second absolutely mastered the mood and atmosphere with the best soundtrack.  The third one had a tonne to do, great level design, and a surprisingly good soundtrack (seriously, listen to it again, it's kind of outstanding).  The fourth one had great level design and more content than any other DKC game to date (even if it was lacking some features and had terrible control options.)  

Tropical Freeze, however, isn't new or revolutionary; the worlds aren't interesting or unique.  The soundtrack (despite being composed by Dave Wise) just wasn't as memorable as 2.  There wasn't as much to do as there was in the third one, and it wasn't as long as the fourth, and the level design was probably the worst in the series, aside from the first one. 

Basically, it has nothing to make it stand out.  It's got a lot of 'good' or 'decent' features, but not a whole lot of outstanding elements or any sort of great thing about it.  Each of the others had something that made it special and unique, this one did not.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Wii U news of 13/03/2013: I'll talk about Software tomorrow, too many news today.

• Global HW, week ending the 8th: Wii U fell another 11%, going to 35k this week. It sold 14k in North America, 11k in Europe, and 8k in Japan. It fell in each region about 10%, which is kind of stable, but very bad overall. But this system might have been undertracked on the site lately, according to NPD...
  • NPD: Tropical Freeze sold over 130k (retail + digital) in its first 8 days of sale. Compared to last year, hardware sales of Wii U are 25% higher, and software sales over 180% higher! So the Wii U sold over 82k units of hardware (VGC had it at 66k) This was all during the month of February 2014.
  • Famitsu's most wanted (12/03/2014) MK 8 loses one spot, goes to #3. SSB4 Wii U wins seven spots, goes to #12, and is 9 spots ahead of the 3DS version. And Hyrule Warriors gets three spots more, and is one behind SSB4 Wii U, at #13. 
  • The Motion-Sensor Bomb has a new look in the next Smash!
  • Sakurai is impressed with the PS4!
  • ... If we aligne the sales of the PS4 and Wii U in Japan, the Wii U is winning by a lot! Of course (article writers seem to forget this), the Wii U was released very close to christmas, and it wasn't severely supply constrained globally as the PS4.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

3DS News: January 13, 2014