By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
the_dengle said:
Conegamer said:
I refuse to believe that Kid Icarus is as good as you guys say. If it is, then why are reviews so mixed?

Kid Icarus is very much a case of Your Mileage May Vary. I recommend trying it before buying it.

If after a couple of hours, you feel more anger toward the game's controls than enjoyment of the overall experience, just drop it and don't bother with it. If the controls feel fine and you don't see what the problem is, you need this game in your life immediately.

Also, if you're a lefty, I'm sorry. Please forget this game exists. I think people with large hands in particular also seem to have more problems with the controls, though the game was released before the XL launched and I have no clue how the larger console would affect ease of play.

Well that's no good. I have big hands and only the original 3DS. =/
I'll still try out my friend's copy of the game whenever I get the chance and see how that goes.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
the_dengle said:
Conegamer said:
I refuse to believe that Kid Icarus is as good as you guys say. If it is, then why are reviews so mixed?

Kid Icarus is very much a case of Your Mileage May Vary. I recommend trying it before buying it.

If after a couple of hours, you feel more anger toward the game's controls than enjoyment of the overall experience, just drop it and don't bother with it. If the controls feel fine and you don't see what the problem is, you need this game in your life immediately.

Also, if you're a lefty, I'm sorry. Please forget this game exists. I think people with large hands in particular also seem to have more problems with the controls, though the game was released before the XL launched and I have no clue how the larger console would affect ease of play.

Well that's no good. I have big hands and only the original 3DS. =/
I'll still try out my friend's copy of the game whenever I get the chance and see how that goes.

Borrowing from a friend for a couple of days is the best way to go with this one. Even I borrowed the game first, beat the whole thing in a week or so, returned it and bought my own copy.

for the record, my hands aren't exactly small. I mainly mean people with quite large hands (one of my friends who had trouble is like 6'6).

Einsam_Delphin said:
think-man said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
think-man said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
think-man said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

but you don't need to force your opinions on me and call them facts.

Aha, knew it! You truely don't believe all old Pokemon are in the game, all Pokemon are optional, and not making new Pokes would be bad business! No wonder you kept dodging the question! There's no way for you to give your answer without sounding like a looney!

That's an opinion right there, not fact. Instead of designing and balancing hundreds of new Pokemon they could've greatly improved the balance between existing Pokemon, improve/update gameplay mechanics, add new features, improve the visual aspect of the game, expand the online community, etc. There are plenty of things GameFreak and Nintendo can do to keep Pokemon interesting and a viable system seller.

The reason I got excited about this latest Pokemon had nothing to do with the addition of new Pokemon but everything to do with the upgraded features. I would even say it would be a solid business strategy to skip the creation of new Pokemon every other generation and instead focus on some of the things I mentioned above.

I don't want to sound mean, but holy sh*t kids today are stupid...I have literally seen like 10 posts or more on Miiverse asking how to reach Dragon Roost Cavern in the WW HD...
Faith in humanity lost.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
I don't want to sound mean, but holy sh*t kids today are stupid...I have literally seen like 10 posts or more on Miiverse asking how to reach Dragon Roost Cavern in the WW HD...
Faith in humanity lost.

Damm, that's interesting. Gamegrumps, don't watch it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
osed125 said:
Faith in humanity lost.

Damm, that's interesting. Gamegrumps, don't watch it.

Oh yeah I have watched them. They are far worse though because 1) they are grown ass men and 2) most of the stuff they miss is because they don't read what the game tells them.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Faith in humanity lost.

Yeah, I know I struggled with it a tad when I was a kid...but still. People are just so impatient.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wii U news of 24-25/12/2013 (there weren't many news the last two days, and I needed to change my schedule for the news in the holidays):

• Reggie and The New York Times!
  • Nintendo sended (is that how you write it?) a holiday card to devs.
  • Kids getting their Wii U's.
  • Nintendo TVii Update!
  • Mighty Switch Force! and Ubisoft games discounted! (Not as good as UK/Europe)
  • NintedoNetwork chrashes (day 2: eShop still not working)
  • Media Create:  Nindtedomination Week #2
  • Wii U Deluxe (the original) for $250 at GameStop. (It's sold out online. Hopefully, NN chrashed because of the huge sales of 3DS+WiiU. But better be WiiU)
  • And earlier today, Zelda was announced for SSB4!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

This weeks North American e-shop update

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/nintendo_download_26th_december_north_america

Conegamer said:
osed125 said:
Faith in humanity lost.

Yeah, I know I struggled with it a tad when I was a kid...but still. People are just so impatient.

It's not that they are impatient, it's that they are so used to have everything easily that when there's some work or difficulty involved, they quit.

They don't understand that you must work hard to get what you want, even in videogames.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.