By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Jumpin said:
I really don't buy that Retro Studios is this brilliant studio that people talk about on these forums. Their last game was lackluster, and the only thing of real note that they ever developed was Metroid Prime, and that was like 15 years ago. 15 years in videogame years is 3 generations, it's not like that team and their skill still exists.

Tropical Freeze was lackluster? Since when?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Hey, that Kylee chick just made a new thread.

Ya'll should post on it.

Jumpin said:
I really don't buy that Retro Studios is this brilliant studio that people talk about on these forums. Their last game was lackluster, and the only thing of real note that they ever developed was Metroid Prime, and that was like 15 years ago. 15 years in videogame years is 3 generations, it's not like that team and their skill still exists.

They revived Metroid after an 8 year hiatus. The first MP is the best selling Metroid game. On one of Nintendo's worst selling consoles no less. The other 2 Prime games they made also have 90%+ on metacritic. So no, the first MP is not the only thing of real note they ever developed.

They revived the Donkey Kong Country franchise with DKC: R which sold over 6 million copies (highest selling non-bundled DKC game). It was received with critical acclaim.

How was DKC: TF lackluster? There were some butthurt reviewers that scored it lower just because it was a 2D game/not Metroid and that dragged the score down. Despite all that it still has 83% on metacritic with a userscore of 8.9 (as high as Prime 2 and 3 and higher than DKC: R). You probably never even played it. Most people prefer DKC: TF over Rayman Legends (which somehow has over 90% on metacritic). Rayman Legends has a userscore of "only" 8.5.

KyleeStrutt said:

Ya'll should post on it.

Damn, if only we had a link to that thread!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Jumpin said:

Of the five games they've made, three were great, (Prime 3, DKCR, TF) one was good, (Prime 2) and one was among the best of all time.  (Prime 1)

They've yet to produce a bad game, and few other devs have such a finely tuned sense of devious game design.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
KyleeStrutt said:

Ya'll should post on it.

Damn, if only we had a link to that thread!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=199335&page=1#2

Samus Aran said:

How was DKC: TF lackluster? There were some butthurt reviewers that scored it lower just because it was a 2D game/not Metroid and that dragged the score down. Despite all that it still has 83% on metacritic with a userscore of 8.9 (as high as Prime 2 and 3 and higher than DKC: R). You probably never even played it. Most people prefer DKC: TF over Rayman Legends (which somehow has over 90% on metacritic). Rayman Legends has a userscore of "only" 8.5.

Just wondering, for platformers, would you recommend Tropical Freeze or Mario Bros U?

I played a bit of Mario U but never played a DKC game before...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Samus Aran said:

Just wondering, for platformers, would you recommend Tropical Freeze or Mario Bros U?

Tropical Freeze is better by a mile. Practically every element is superior.

Platina said:
Samus Aran said:

Like curl has said, Tropical Freeze is the best option, that game is almost a classic, a gem. BUT IS HARD! So if you suck at platformers probably NSMBU is a better option. It depends, Donkey is "4 tha hardcore"

iYakku has the first version of the subs on the Xenoblade presentation up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kh5V73XpwY