By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

You're lucky guys,I haven't gotten a european wii u yet...If I had,you would cry!HOHOHOHO
I hope that they will be many other mk8 tournaments in the future,I'm jealous!:P:P:P:P :(:(:L(

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:
Clyde32 said:

He was very bitter. He had nothing to do with the game, yet it got more praise than the game he was working on at the same time. He changed Samus' design because Prime nailed it, he changed the canon because Prime nailed it.

Wow, that's pretty sad. And ironic, that his revision turned out to be reviled.

It's really ironic considering *he* might have said Other M is canon, but Nintendo is pretending Other M never even happened.  Last time they talked about Metroid, they were very specific in saying they have two types of Metroid game to continue, Prime style and 2D.  So yeah, Retro had the last laugh on that one.

But on the other hand, Nintendo often ignores Retro as well.

There's no Metroid Prime Trilogy stage in any Super Smash Bros. game.

Well...

I won't deny that Nintendo severely under-utilize Retro though.

Samus Aran said:

Dark Samus is no playable character in SSB despite many other clones making it in. It wouldn't even be hard to make her different.

They used a different design for DK instead of the the beautiful one made by Retro (see Mario Party, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.).

The DKC: R stage in SSB Wii U uses a different (inferior) artstyle than the one from the actual game. Yet they copied the ugly SS artstyle for one ovf the stages.

Anyway Sakamoto has moved on to Tomodachi Life.

There was a Metroid Prime stage in Smash Bros Brawl.

Dark Samus was an assist trophy in the game.

Also, this is just smash bros. That's Sora and Namco, not necessarily nintendo.

Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:

Dark Samus is no playable character in SSB despite many other clones making it in. It wouldn't even be hard to make her different.

They used a different design for DK instead of the the beautiful one made by Retro (see Mario Party, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.).

The DKC: R stage in SSB Wii U uses a different (inferior) artstyle than the one from the actual game. Yet they copied the ugly SS artstyle for one ovf the stages.

Anyway Sakamoto has moved on to Tomodachi Life.

Even Rayman is a trophy.

But yeah, I forgot about the shitty stage in Brawl lol.

Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:

Even Rayman is a trophy.

I said assist trophy.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:

Even Rayman is a trophy.

I said assist trophy.

Equally worthless.

Kid Icarus has like 3 characters in SSB4. That's more characters than he has games.

curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:

Well...

Well, while Retro is skilled they aren't that big.  Around 100 members in the whole company.  That's not too many honestly, especially since not all of those are even devs.  So they are a team of less than 100 devs.  So it's not like they can ding out games at a super fast rate and Nintendo is holding them back for no reason.  And Retro intentionally sought out permission to work on DK iirc.  And Retro is working on a project right now.  So I wouldn't say that they *severely* under-utilizie Retro.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:

Well...

Well, while Retro is skilled they aren't that big.  Around 100 members in the whole company.  That's not too many honestly, especially since not all of those are even devs.  So they are a team of less than 100 devs.  So it's not like they can ding out games at a super fast rate and Nintendo is holding them back for no reason.  And Retro intentionally sought out permission to work on DK iirc.  And Retro is working on a project right now.  So I wouldn't say that they *severely* under-utilizie Retro.

If their current project turns out to be Diddy Kong Racing or some other superfluous game, I swear...

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:

Well...

If their current project turns out to be Diddy Kong Racing or some other superfluous game, I swear...

Then I will agree with you.  However, I highly doubt it is Diddy Kong Racing, mostly due to how much Nintendo has poured into Mario Kart with the DLC and such.  I just don't see them building up Mario Kart 8 to such size and then releasing another Kart game to compete with it, it would be self defeating.  

Samus Aran said:
Clyde32 said:

I said assist trophy.

Equally worthless.

Kid Icarus has like 3 characters in SSB4. That's more characters than he has games.

Kid Icarus has 3 characters because Sakurai is biased.