By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:

Equally worthless.

Kid Icarus has like 3 characters in SSB4. That's more characters than he has games.

Kid Icarus has 3 characters because Sakurai is biased.

Then why does Fire Emblem have four?  And Mario have more than that?  Why does Zelda have 4 as well, still more than Kid Icarus?  And 5 Pokemon?  Kid Icarus and Kirby are actually kinda in the middle when it comes to representation of active franchises.  So drop the "Sakurai's biased" shtick. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:

Equally worthless.

Kid Icarus has like 3 characters in SSB4. That's more characters than he has games.

Then why does Fire Emblem have four?  And Mario have more than that?  Why does Zelda have 4 as well, still more than Kid Icarus?  And 5 Pokemon?  Kid Icarus and Kirby are actually kinda in the middle when it comes to representation of active franchises.  So drop the "Sakurai's biased" shtick. 

Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are high profile franchises.

Nuvendil said:
Clyde32 said:
Samus Aran said:

Equally worthless.

Bro, Kid Icarus only has 2 games.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

If their current project turns out to be Diddy Kong Racing or some other superfluous game, I swear...

Then I will agree with you.  However, I highly doubt it is Diddy Kong Racing, mostly due to how much Nintendo has poured into Mario Kart with the DLC and such.  I just don't see them building up Mario Kart 8 to such size and then releasing another Kart game to compete with it, it would be self defeating.  

I hope you're right. It seems a lot of what Nintendo does these days is self-defeating though.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

If their current project turns out to be Diddy Kong Racing or some other superfluous game, I swear...

Then I will agree with you.  However, I highly doubt it is Diddy Kong Racing, mostly due to how much Nintendo has poured into Mario Kart with the DLC and such.  I just don't see them building up Mario Kart 8 to such size and then releasing another Kart game to compete with it, it would be self defeating.  

I hope you're right. It seems a lot of what Nintendo does these days is self-defeating though.

Well yes, Nintendo does silly things, but they have a particular type of stupid to them.  And this wouldn't fit their kind of stupid.  In my opinion at least :P

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
1 quick question to you guys about a strange thing my console started to do a little after thanks giving(about a month after my warranty ran out).

Does anyone's Wii U make a very high pitch sound when it's on anything other than playing a game? My console is typically always making this high pitch tone until I boot up a game. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mine does make a 'loading' noise that is high pitched when powered on and is loading a game but stops soon after. Also, there is a somewhat high pitched noise when the disk is spinning initially..

Does this noise occur when it is not loading something? In general, these noises aren't a good sign...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

cycycychris said:
Platina said:
cycycychris said:
1 quick question to you guys about a strange thing my console started to do a little after thanks giving(about a month after my warranty ran out).

Does anyone's Wii U make a very high pitch sound when it's on anything other than playing a game? My console is typically always making this high pitch tone until I boot up a game. Does anyone else have this problem?

Mine does make a 'loading' noise that is high pitched when powered on and is loading a game but stops soon after. Also, there is a somewhat high pitched noise when the disk is spinning initially..

Does this noise occur when it is not loading something? In general, these noises aren't a good sign...

Just from when I turn the console on and continues to make the noice until I start up the game. And will stop once it get to like the main menu of the game. I've never notice it once I start playing the game. I have tried to listen for it, but I've never heard the high pitch noice unless I'm not playing a game.

Once the console boots up initially, it should stop when you are on the Wii U home menu, so I think something is wrong with your system...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I really don't buy that Retro Studios is this brilliant studio that people talk about on these forums. Their last game was lackluster, and the only thing of real note that they ever developed was Metroid Prime, and that was like 15 years ago. 15 years in videogame years is 3 generations, it's not like that team and their skill still exists.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
I really don't buy that Retro Studios is this brilliant studio that people talk about on these forums. Their last game was lackluster, and the only thing of real note that they ever developed was Metroid Prime, and that was like 15 years ago. 15 years in videogame years is 3 generations, it's not like that team and their skill still exists.

A few things wrong here. 

Their last game wasn't lackluster. 

Define "thing of note", because the other two prime games were masterpieces, and the revival of DK was a huge deal. 

The only news worthy article!

Next Level Games "might" be working on a Wii U game...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988