By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination - Sorry VGC, But Your Thread Is In Another Castle

Rate Conegamer's Reign

10 81 70.43%

9 4 3.48%

8 2 1.74%

7 3 2.61%

6 0 0%

5 1 0.87%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 1 0.87%

1 8 6.96%

Total:100

Today's Splatoon screen:

Around the Network

Today, a Splatoon screen. Tomorrow, a new video! woo-hoo!

Soraya Saga Retweeted.

Finally saw some Amiibos in the wild today. First time they've been in stock.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Check this out.

Now we have all seen some of the awesome custom Amiibo that fans have painted. From fire Mario to blue Yoshi they really look great, Sammantha Spiegel however has taken customizing Amiibo to an entire new level. Probably the best, and most ambitious, is her work on Diddy Kong. Sammantha has given our furry friend his barrel jetpack and peanut gun, which she says represent his final smash in the latest smash brothers game on Wii U. Amazingly enough, her Diddy Kong project was the first attempt at customizing an Amiibo! Apart from the amazing Diddy Kong Sammantha has created fire Mario, racoon Mario, and a Pikachu with a Charizard hat! Aside from just featuring her amazing art work we had a chance to speak with Sammantha and get some insight into her work. 

Speaking with Gamersftw she said – “Well I’m 22 years old I grew up playing video games, I’ve been playing since I could hold a controller. My older brother was the one to teach me how to play video games. Art has always come naturally to me and started out drawing from a very young age. Artistry is passed down in my family from my grandma and mother who were all talented with art, I’m completely self taught. Besides from the Amiibos I have made hundreds of sculptures but the Amiibos are the first time I’ve ever modified a figure.”

Since posting her work online Sammantha has start taking orders from fans who want her to work on giving them their very own custom Amiibos.

While there are many different figures available she could be customizing, such as Skylanders or the Disney Infinity range, we wanted to know why Amiibos. She said “I grew up playing Nintendo games. But what got me into customizing the Amiibos was the fact that I love super smash brothers, and I started out just customizing the amiibos that were part of my personal collection.”

When quizzed about her future projects Sammantha told us she is currently working on evil peach, fierce deity links, and few other customers orders that she has taken in.

While we love the fire Mario’s and deity Links, it’s the final smash Diddy Kong that’s catching everyone’s eye, I wanted to know if we can expect more ambitious Amiibos similar to Diddy Kong, Sammantha tells us “While Diddy Kong was and still is the most complicated one I have completed I have more many more extravagant sculpts in mind. And with a ever growing library of Amiibos coming out the possibilities seem endless!”

The public response of Amiibo fans has been great, we asked Sammantha if she expected such a reaction to her work, she says  – “I honestly did not.I started out just continuing to do something I really love to do, and I’m really gratefully for all the positive responses and nice comments I’ve gotten on them. I’d like to thank all my supporters and followers who have helped me to get where i am now and hope to bring more awesome stuff in the future.”

Check out these fantastic Amiibo below and if you want your own you can contact Sammantha via her facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/sammtanius?ref=bookmark

Source: http://www.gamersftw.co.uk/amazing-custom-amiibo/

Around the Network

Those Amiibos are awesome! I can see there being quite a large custom scene for Amiibos, which is great. The patience required to do them...

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:

Well skip to mai lou! You are sooo lucky!

Are they really that hard to find in the area of the world your from?

Well Plymouth is quite a large city. The stores just didn't stock them for some reason.

Speaking of amiibos, i'd like to have Mario amiibos from the NES, SNES, N64 and GC eras.
It would be really coo to go back to old Mario - or other Nintendo characters - designs and bring them in the form of amiibo!

I can't watch it live this time since at 2pm I will be in school :/

Smeags has finished his Top 500 Games list:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=196074&page=1

Go take a look!