By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest letdup on the VC?

Sky Render said:
Paper Mario. I was skeptical given my up-and-down relationship with Thousand-Year Door, but it turned out to be far more forgiving and player-friendly than its GameCube successor. Yay for no Chomps in the rivers all set to kill you as you return from leveling to save in town!

Hell yes. I can't say enough good things about Paper Mario.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
oh no!?

i love dkc2. it's just it's a semi 3d engine on the snes. it tries its best to look pretty.

maybe something went wrong when it was downloading...

honestly, it looks like a slideshow. really gives me a headache looking at it.

ah well.

Metal Marines this game hald up pretty well and I think it is one of the best strategy games with a controller.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I freaked out of joy when I had a look in one day and saw Harvest Moon there, f'n awesome.

Starfox 64 held up very well, Pokemon Snap with its new functions, and for hating most Kirby games I downloaded Kirby's Adventure for the NES and was surprised by how good/hard that game can be. And soon Earthbound will be on VC and I will be happy that maybe someone else out there can be as excited as I, or at least can finally enjoy the game as many people missed out.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I would say any of the DS or XBL versions of Bomberman. I never actually played that game back in the day but I must say it's insane fun with a large group of friends.

I really like the XBox Live version but I think I like playing it on the DS with seven other friends in the same room better. To make things even cooler, you only need one game for all eight people.

???????? uummmm, Twesterm. This thread is about the Wii Virtual Console. Stay on topic or I will have to report you ;p

Sky Render said:
PM:TTYD is truly a successor to the original, in the sense that if you haven't played the original, you don't really know what you're getting into and will likely come to hate the game immensely for being so obtuse at times. The game is quite unforgiving, in that you have to keep track of a number of things during battle besides the battle itself (like your audience; they can attack you or help you), and aforementioned hostile environment elements that can kill you even in towns. The original has a simpler battle system which doesn't ask you to keep an eye on your audience, and you're never in danger of getting killed while in the field in it; only in battles can you get KO'd in the original Paper Mario.

That's strange, because I played TTYD far before PM1. It still is one of the best games ever IMO. Fantastic story, great humor, amazing art-style and music and gameplay with very much depth.

Once I played PM1 on the VC, I was dissappointed. The battle system is just bad compared to TTYD. The button press timing just seems inaccurate, you can't counter attacks, basic gameplay hasn't evolved far enough, and the music is annoying and childish in some cases.

But it has good points. The level with the Boo's was fun, and the graphics are truly amazing for N64. 

I only have two games on the VC that I don't already own. Shining Force and Light Crusader. Shining Force really surprised me. I had a lot of fun playing it. I got to one of the last bosses and couldn't beat it so I stopped playing it haha. I need to get back and beat it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Star Fox perfectly demonstrates the minute differences between the N63 and Gamecube controller. I'm going to have to totally relearn how to play the damn thing. Which sucks, cause I had pretty much unlocked everything and it was such a freaking bitch to do. Plus the R & L buttons only respond when you actually CLICK them and not just by pressing them, which totally throws off doing quick rolls.

However, GunStar Heroes has held up incredibly well, as had Paper Mario.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Kid Icarus. I thought I would play that game for 5 minutes, now I have about 5 hours on it.