By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest letdup on the VC?

@pichu_pichu

i didnt buy snap on the vc, however, right after it was released, i did play in on my friends n64 for the first time in probably 6 years. Laughed my ass down memory lane.

biggest sleeper hit for me? prob gate of thunder (tbx16-cd)

Around the Network

I don't really have an answer for this... nothing has been surprising to me. I got what I expected: A bunch of great games.

stof said:

We have a thread about VC letdowns. But what's your gold find? Any VC gams out there that have gone beyond your expectations? Games that have held up better than you'd have thought?

Because after a brief hiatus, I just got farther in Zelda II: the adventures of Link than I ever did when I played it on the NES. Yes, this game has held up way better than I thought it would.

What's your pleasant VC surprise?

Ocarina of Time.. because I didn't have a console for the 64 generation and its the best game of all time!

I can't count this as a gem since I knew exactly that I was spending my 5 dollars in a game that never gets old. Instead I was surprised that I finally got around to finishing it, took me and my roommate 5 hours to do so but we still did it (we even used a flute on world 4 and then 7 to get to 8). I'm of course talking about SMB3.

the original super mario bros. because of my age i never played it till i downloaded it. i only did it to see what the first nes game was like, but i actually really liked it, and have spent ages trying to speed run through it

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

super nintendo zelda, played it in the past but never beat it, downloaded it and beat it and then had to move on to ww and ocarana for good measure

Most SNES games (that I downloaded) have aged well. The original Super Mario was the one I was most worried about. I hadn't played it in nearly a decade. About 2.4 seconds in, I was relieved. The game is still great.

I would say any of the DS or XBL versions of Bomberman. I never actually played that game back in the day but I must say it's insane fun with a large group of friends.

I really like the XBox Live version but I think I like playing it on the DS with seven other friends in the same room better. To make things even cooler, you only need one game for all eight people.

Quick, semi-on-topic question: is donkey kong country 2 supposed to look like its running at 5 frames per second?
I feel like I'm going to have a seizure if I play too much of this game.

oh no!?

i love dkc2. it's just it's a semi 3d engine on the snes. it tries its best to look pretty.