By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break. 100% Confirmed actual controlled gameplay.

Chandler said:
selnor1983 said:
Chandler said:
I don't believe it unless it is The Walking Dead style "move forward to advance through the scene"-gameplay. Not that this is a bad thing since I am currently enjoying TWD (yeah I'm late). It's just...the way his hand reacts to the debris, I don't think you can actually move freely in this scene.

Well after playing Uncharted ( where Nathan reacts to putting his hand out against obects etc when moving near them or past them ) this seems a logical progression to me. Especially considering the extra horse power. After all Remedy and Naughty Dog actually talk alot together. They are good friends actually. Remedy are fully capable to make this happen all through the game.

It is one thing to do this when there is a solid wall but another thing if there are like a million objects floating in mid-air. The path the player takes in the gif is just too perfect, there is only this one big piece of debris to move out of the way. I don't think that you could leave the predetermined path and walk through the rubble in another spot or even walk around it.

I am not knocking the game, it looks very good but in a world where content from beyond and twd qualifies as gameplay (essentially holding the "play" button to advance through a predetermined scene) and because this game will be tied in with an actual tv show (heavily story driven and story bound), I'm putting my expectations on this kind of gameplay.

I'm thinking the same thing. Also if we want it really push it and go crazy, look at the camera. That's way too smooth to be controlled by the player.

It would be really cool if this wasn't scripted, but everything points to it being linear.

Disclaimer!
Beyond is my game of the gen. Nothing wrong with linear.

Around the Network

this looks a little better than beyond two souls imo,these models look like mannequins though. the order and deep down,ryse still have the best looking models by 10 miles.

D1 only on X1

FrancisNobleman said:
selnor1983 said:
FrancisNobleman said:

So now, they just need to confirm if the footage was running on an actual console, or the infamous "devkit" with a gtx 700 inside.

I think they could be using the second one, since the console at this stage can't even handle cod at 1080 60 fps let alone a game that looks this good. Unless it is doing so at sub-720...

Sorry its already confirmed running on actual hardware. And no Exclusive game will be running poorly

Quantum Break is made by remedy, not GG or crytek. Their comments are irrelevant to my point.

Name the source were it states clearly that the footage shown at E3 was on a RETAIL DEVKIT and not on a WINDOWS 7 PC WITH A GTX - WHICH BY THE WAY TOTALLY EXCEEDS THE CAPABILITIES OF THE XBONE. And quite a LOT at that.

Just post the source :)

And no exclusive game will be running poorly ?

Killer instinct rings a bell ? Shouldn't a fighting game be 1080p60fps on this "next gen" hardware, capabale of so much more ?

Have you any proof it was on a PC?

I posted proof. Directly from the developers mouth. A trustworthy developer.

I would like you to post some evidence it was on a PC please. Or risk looking desperate.

Hey would like a taco?

How sweet it is to be a loved by you. By you. I needed the shelter of my PS4, there you were.

Scooby dooby doo bob.

"Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment have put out a new trailer for Quantum Break, running in real time on Xbox One, direct from yesterday’s E3 2013 press conference."

http://gamesector.net/2013/06/12/quantum-break-freezes-time-at-microsofts-e3-2013-press-conference/

The engine is called Northlight. And its built specifically for Xbox One and its architecture. Which is vastly different to PS4 or PC. Especially te GPU setup.

Reminds me of the crowd shoving thing in assassins creed.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
FrancisNobleman said:

I would like you to post some evidence it was on a PC please. Or risk looking desperate.

Hey would like a taco?

How sweet it is to be a loved by you. By you. I needed the shelter of my PS4, there you were.

Scooby dooby doo bob.

"Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment have put out a new trailer for Quantum Break, running in real time on Xbox One, direct from yesterday’s E3 2013 press conference."

http://gamesector.net/2013/06/12/quantum-break-freezes-time-at-microsofts-e3-2013-press-conference/

The engine is called Northlight. And its built specifically for Xbox One and its architecture. Which is vastly different to PS4 or PC. Especially te GPU setup.

It is the same thing as when Ryse was shown. MS has a good relationship with both Remedy and Crytek, two top devlopers that has been given the oportunity to really make use of X1. This is why the games look so good that people doubt it. I just wish MS would make these two developers 1st-party :).

selnor1983 said:

Hey would like a taco?

Scooby dooby doo bob.

Do you have any proof it is not running on a pc ?

Would like to post some evidence it was not on a pc please ?

Because I remind to see many games on the very same day on E3, running on beast computers, that microsoft flat out lied saying it was actual xbox one units, and latter they were downgraded. Most famous cases being ryse and battlefield 4. So yes, I can freely assume it was running on a pc, like countless others titles there in that event.

the rest of your comment, almost gave me HIV. Careful with the denial fase man. It's tricky. It gets you banned. Once again.

Puppyroach said:

It is the same thing as when Ryse was shown. MS has a good relationship with both Remedy and Crytek, two top devlopers that has been given the oportunity to really make use of X1. This is why the games look so good that people doubt it. I just wish MS would make these two developers 1st-party :).

Crytek mehh, Remedy on the other hand would be great though I think they want to remain independent and I doubt MS would do some hostile buyout.

iceland said:
Puppyroach said:

Crytek mehh, Remedy on the other hand would be great though I think they want to remain independent and I doubt MS would do some hostile buyout.

I agree, Remedy is my favoutite of the two, but Crytek has a lot of potential. And you are right, they are probably better off as independent, I am quite sure they will continue to make exclusive games for Xbox :).

This game looks amazing. This is the most attractive X1's launch game, as far as my taste is concerned.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.