By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Project Spark get some love? **Minecraft theme and Character Customization.

Tagged games:

Any idea when it goes out of beta on Windows 8? I rather build levels on my laptop.
I would love to play around with it, it might actually get me to buy an xb1 if I can make some nice stuff.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Any idea when it goes out of beta on Windows 8? I rather build levels on my laptop.
I would love to play around with it, it might actually get me to buy an xb1 if I can make some nice stuff.

It was supposed to come out October but they relegated it to November. They didn't say what day.

I already signed up for Beta... as soon as they announced the game.

Goatseye said:
SvennoJ said:

It was supposed to come out October but they relegated it to November. They didn't say what day.

I already signed up for Beta... as soon as they announced the game.

That's the beta though, I was waiting for the full release. I don't really want to start a big project which then becomes corrupt or incompatible with fixes.
I guess when the xb1 version comes out it should be stable and feature complete.

There sure is! I am following the PS stream on YouTube and they really cater to their fans. What MS shows with PS is how you can make people fall in love with GAMING again without only focusing on graphics. I love amazing graphics like Ryse and KZ:SF, but seeing the level of creativity in PS blows me away more than anything. MS should really push this!

This was one of those things were at first I hesitated to like it because it wasn't a 'game' by traditional definitions, but as I watched them play with it and what they could build I found myself very impressed. Sadly, I think a lot of people will overlook this title. So few people are the creator types and that definitely seems to be what this project caters to.

Around the Network

I think it could easily be my most favorite game this next gen. But not sure, I will really have to play it before I decide and not sure how exactly it plays. Even with all the demos.

I think it's one you have to experience to get. In the same way people looking at Minecraft go - pst - those last gen graphics, missing out on the fun of the game.

So I want to date it a while before I use the L word.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
I think it could easily be my most favorite game this next gen. But not sure, I will really have to play it before I decide and not sure how exactly it plays. Even with all the demos.

I think it's one you have to experience to get. In the same way people looking at Minecraft go - pst - those last gen graphics, missing out on the fun of the game.

So I want to date it a while before I use the L word.

That's very mature and responsible of you. People just throw that word around without considering what it means to the games. We play with them too much and don't treat enough of them the way they deserve.

Raven722 said:
This was one of those things were at first I hesitated to like it because it wasn't a 'game' by traditional definitions, but as I watched them play with it and what they could build I found myself very impressed. Sadly, I think a lot of people will overlook this title. So few people are the creator types and that definitely seems to be what this project caters to.

well that's the thing you don't have to be a creator to enjoy the game... just play other people creations... this game could be the death of all crappy indie games on XB....

endimion said:
Raven722 said:

well that's the thing you don't have to be a creator to enjoy the game... just play other people creations... this game could be the death of all crappy indie games on XB....

Excellent comment. This might make them up the ante on their creativity.

Whats would be the best video for me to see to get the best impression possible of this game?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st