By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Project Spark get some love? **Minecraft theme and Character Customization.

Tagged games:

So how does the game creator work exactly? I understand how users create hills and valleys and characters and props, but how you write the rules of the game?

Around the Network

yeah!
the only next gen feature that is solding something to me.

ill play lots of fan made games, and i believe in their capacities!
all kind of games for free!

I'm sure I won't have the time to dig deep in that game... but I'm really excited by it.... I'll pick it up and play other people creation I guess

Veknoid_Outcast said:

So how does the game creator work exactly? I understand how users create hills and valleys and characters and props, but how you write the rules of the game?

It's the same way. You just pick genre first.

It has a pretty complex system of in game choices. Complex as in variety.

And if you're too lazy to create games and worlds, you can just download community made games.

Goatseye said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

It's the same way. You just pick genre first.

It has a pretty complex system of in game choices. Complex as in variety.

And if you're too lazy to create games and worlds, you can just download community made games.

Sounds cool. So could I create an entire platform game, for example? With a dozen levels and an intro and ending sequence?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Sounds cool. So could I create an entire platform game, for example? With a dozen levels and an intro and ending sequence?

Platform,puzzle,movies,Kinect type of game, musical,RTS etc... these genres are what I know so far.

And yes to intro and ending sequence. They even said you can make games that never end.

well, i won't use this game to build own stuff but i would surely try stuff other people build and after some months or a year there is probably really great stuff nobody thinks about now.

I don't have the free time to commit to creating my own stuff in Project Spark, but I'm really excited to see what some other people come up with.

I think the reason the game isn't getting as much love as it deserves is simply because the X1 launch line-up is so stacked. We already have Ryse, KI, Forza, Quantum Break, COD: Ghosts, BF4, Titanfall on the horizon, whatever Kinect has in store, etc.

Goatseye said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Platform,puzzle,movies,Kinect type of game, musical,RTS etc... these genres are what I know so far.

And yes to intro and ending sequence. They even said you can make games that never end.

Wow that sounds pretty great. I would love to make some games for my friends and family. Really tailor it to their tastes.

I guess I had always assumed it was more like Forge in Halo, but this sounds like something much, much more.

I'll be picking it up on PC. So maybe you'll stumble across one of my games :)