By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can We Show Appreciation To The Best In The Industry - Square Enix

Stay behind after school and write the lyrics to 'My Hands' 10 times on the blackboard young man!

Sry couldn't resist XD

Around the Network

They were the best in the PS1/PS2 era. They went down hill from there. :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Still can't beat Terra's theme, sorry.

deskpro2k3 said:

Actually both, Square Soft and Enix made their best games on the SNES.

I listened to the first three songs you posted and i have to say i so entirely disagree with you about those. I heard generic crap... sorry.

I do however cherish a lot of the music Squaresoft used, even most of FFX's soundtrack is great to listen to.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Actually both, Square Soft and Enix made their best games on the SNES.

I take my statement back. I also like FF7 Crisis Core a lot.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
AshKetchum1992 said:
I love the music in both Kingdom Hearts games and also the Dragon Quest 8 music but that music is by Level 5 not S-E.

Hum. What about no? The music in Dragon Quest VIII is composed by Koichi Sugiyama. The same composer for every main Dragon Quest game. 

-__-

No, I will not. Doesn't outweigh the bad, and I was never that impressed with their music to begin with. Generally not even close to my taste.

4 ≈ One

F0X said:
IsawYoshi said:

I don't doubt you, but I haven't played those games. I doubt they can reach Xenoblade though. It's by far my favourite soundtrack! I still doubt though that those games can be enough to push square down from the vg music throne.

Xenoblade has my favorite soundtrack, too. And is one of the reasons why I think Square-Enix recent efforts (music and otherwise) are falling behind.

I can't say much about SE's recent efforts, but back in the day they sure knew how to do it. But they never made a game thatalone had a better soundtrack than Xenoblade. 

Snowy Valak Mountain - Night is probably my favourite. 

IsawYoshi said:
F0X said:
IsawYoshi said:

I don't doubt you, but I haven't played those games. I doubt they can reach Xenoblade though. It's by far my favourite soundtrack! I still doubt though that those games can be enough to push square down from the vg music throne.

Xenoblade has my favorite soundtrack, too. And is one of the reasons why I think Square-Enix recent efforts (music and otherwise) are falling behind.

I can't say much about SE's recent efforts, but back in the day they sure knew how to do it. But they never made a game thatalone had a better soundtrack than Xenoblade. 

Snowy Valak Mountain - Night is probably my favourite. 

That's a good one. But if there's one S-E that can touch Xenoblade's soundtrack, it's Chrono Trigger.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero