By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p (upscaled), 1080p on PS4

I have a PS4 pre ordered, and I honestly don't get what the big deal is. I wonder how much tangible difference the extra resolution will make.

Most people I know don't see the point of Blu-ray because DVD looks good enough, anybody who thinks this is going to be a deal breaker over which console to go for is IMO putting too much importance on this.

Were the XBONE version 30fps while PS4 was 60fps however, that would IMO have been a bigger issue even if both 1080p.

Just my thoughts to this.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

So where are the xbox fans " Dont listen the insiders shit of Sonygaf !!! "

:)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

g911turbo said:
Right now none of this probably matters when 90%+ of players will buy this on current generation systems. After all, I want people to play against online and the more people playing the better chance you have of match making. Also, is PS4 getting dedicated servers for this game (serious question).

I don't care how pretty it looks, but if Ghosts lags/plays like MW3 or BLOPS2, then piss off.

If Microsoft wants to sell well this gen they are going to need to bring the games, online experience, and media experience (which is most certainly possible). Because in terms of GPU, the PS4 is more powerful.

Yes, Infinity Ward has said that all platforms will be using dedicated servers, so that includes PS4, PS3, XB1, XB360.

MikeRox said:
I have a PS4 pre ordered, and I honestly don't get what the big deal is. I wonder how much tangible difference the extra resolution will make.

Most people I know don't see the point of Blu-ray because DVD looks good enough, anybody who thinks this is going to be a deal breaker over which console to go for is IMO putting too much importance on this.

Were the XBONE version 30fps while PS4 was 60fps however, that would IMO have been a bigger issue even if both 1080p.

Framerate difference will come, without a doubt.

The difference is very tangible, if you think that isnt , you really should buy a Wii U because next gen doesnt matter for you. anyone who played the two versions of BF4 can say it, and its just 720p vs 900p there.

So you dont think that's important to get the better quality gaming console when you pay $100 more ?

MikeRox said:

It's difficult to know... it may make no difference at all.

I think the biggest issue is that there are *alot* of console floaters out there, not necessarily tied to one console or the other and any good/bad news is possible to sway them...

The wait for new consoles has been too long imho and this has fueled alot of the issues.. press are having a field day cause it means more clicks/money. 

All depends as well if both consoles can get stock on the shelves or not, if Sony can get enough on the shelves, then you may see a massive spike in their sales. If they struggle then those potential customers may go to XboxOne.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Aerys said:

The difference is very tangible, if you think that isnt , you really should buy a Wii U because next gen doesnt matter for you. anyone who played the two versions of BF4 can say it, and its just 720p vs 900p there.

So you dont think that's important to get the better quality gaming console when you pay $100 more ?

Already have a Wii U, but I can't play Infamous, Drive Club and the like on that can I now?

I don't actually think getting the better quality gaming console when you pay more is important, I think it's better to get the console with the games you want to play, if you're only going to get one format. At the end of the day, if someone thinks the Xbox is the better system for them and they're happy paying the premium, more power to them.

I'm not saying 1080p isn't better than 720p upscaled, I just don't think to most people it's going to make a blind bit of difference. An upscaled DVD is good enough for them. If someone wants Forza and Halo, it makes no difference that the PS4 is cheaper and more powerful.

Surely if the technical aspect is your primary concern and not games, you shouldn't be buying a console at all and just sticking with PC?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Aerys said:
MikeRox said:

Framerate difference will come, without a doubt.

I don't think next gen is for anyone moving on for graphics, the improvments are miniscule compared to all the last adnvancments trough generations. you can look at 240p videos on youtube and see the differences between systems from the nes to the ps3. now as the "next gen" is comig out.  all these games look as though they can run on the 360 and ps3. It's the smallest step foward in that categorey ever from a consumer's stand point. 

Has a ps2 game ever looked better than a ps3 game? does ghost "next gen" look better than bioshock?

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Tootall : You are so wrong and you are not honest with you comparison. The difference isnt less big
than before, i would even say its bigger if you look at the whole picture.

Many PS2 games look better than some PS3 games, if you want to take bad looking games like COD, i can do the same.

MikeRox : Technical aspect is not my primary concern but i want the best of both on console, games and technical aspect.

I agree, if someone wants to buy a system with more appealing games for him, but its not very smart to buy it at any cost.

But you should know that most of the gamers buy a next gen console to play multiplatform, considering this, yes, technical aspect is one of the biggest concern those gamer should have, especially when one console is more powerful than the other for $100 less

Tell me a quick list of ps2 games that look better than a ps3 games that is going for a realistic look. not overly fantasized , cartoony or cell shaded games.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

God Of War 2 looked better than Deadly Premonition

There wasnt big differences between PGR 2 on xbox and PGR3 on 360