By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p (upscaled), 1080p on PS4

wick said:
9087 said:

All in good fun, folks.... don't report me :)

Is this what they meant by the power of the cloud?

Cloudy visuals.

I get it now.

Indeed the cloud IS powerful.

LOL

Maybe theyre hoping people who judge graphics have cloudy vision. 

Around the Network

Soooo... PS4 is pushing twice the amount of pixels at the exact same framerate and let's just assume with the exact same graphical features... PS4 twice as powerful confirmed?

Please don't hurt me!

:P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

dane007 said:
People are all forgetting the problem Ps3 had with frame rate and resolution problem. Remember the differences between Xbox 360 and ps3 were huge at the start because PS3 was hard to program for. Same thing is happening with xbox one . At least teh difference is not that big.

hmm... seems like XB1vsPS4 multiplatform case were totally switched from XB360vsPS3 days... does this mean later XB1 multiplatform game will beat PS4 just like PS3 beating XB360 now...??

ethomaz said:

BluGamer23 said:

dont worry Im sure playstation nation will tell EVERYYBODYY! about this hahaha!

And Digital Foundry say "balance" .

Actually you are spreading misinformation.  The Xbox developers say balance which is a big difference.  Could you clean up your wording.

TheFallen said:
LOL at damage control . Sure people can say it's only COD or IW are not talented devs until they''re blue in the face. It doesn't change the fact that IW developed a 1080P 60FPS PS4 version and were unable to achieve that with Xbox One.

Did not people state this same thing when games ran better on the 360 than on the PS3?  When the 360 was winning those face offs pretty much most people who only owned a PS3 did not care.  I am sure people who only own a X1 probably will not care either.  The key point would be if both games look and play great.  Only fanboys will have less ammunication fo their next battle.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
riecsou said:
Can someone explain to me what does that means "720p(upscaled to 1080p)".
I don't really get it but by adding the "upscaled to 1080p" doesn't that means that the Xbox one can achieve 1080p???
Please I just need an explanation.

the game is rendered in 720p. without upscaling it it would be shown on your tv at 720p res, meaning it wouldnt be fullscreen. it would just be taking 1280 * 720 pixels from your tv that has 1920 * 1080 pixels (if your tv is full hd). basically it wouldnt be full screen. the upscaler, from what i understand how it works, just grabs the image, stretches it and makes it full screen, it does not improve image quality in any way. 

Exactly.  Take a small google image and blow it up.  Upscailing!  It looks like crap...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
9087 said:

it is just me or xbone version is better in this pics?

LOL!  I know right!  Some people must seriously be in hardcore denial...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
9087 said:

No, I'm seeing the same thing.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
9087 said:

No I agree, textures are better and  the lighting as well.

This guy did a pretty funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqNbLLOfIo

As for the last few pages in this thread, if you want to believe Ryse is the best looking launch game... go ahead. There are plenty of people who would disagree but whatever.

This news isn't surprising. We already knew the PS4 was more powerful then the Xbox One. So of course games will look better on the PS4

Why Xbox fans are fighting this is puzzling. You wouldn't say $5 is worth more then a $10 just because you like Abe more then Hamilton right?