By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p (upscaled), 1080p on PS4

Chris Hu said:

I rarely play WRPG's the great thing about JRPG's is the variety of graphic styles they come in.  WRPG for the most part try for the very realistic look you will never see a cell shaded WRPG.

And you said you play rpgs for story and gameplay?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network
allblue said:
Chris Hu said:

I rarely play WRPG's the great thing about JRPG's is the variety of graphic styles they come in.  WRPG for the most part try for the very realistic look you will never see a cell shaded WRPG.

I do what is wrong with pointing out different graphic styles.  Also when it comes to music JRPG's are miles better then WRPG's.

Chris Hu said:
allblue said:
Chris Hu said:

I do what is wrong with pointing out different graphic styles.  Also when it comes to music JRPG's are miles better then WRPG's.

I may agree with the music part, for the older jrpg games like ff7, suikoden 2 etc I still listen to those soundtrack to this day. Modern jrpgs have yet to catch up with wrpgs interms of innovation in other aspects of the game like realism, character developement and the plot in general.

I watched my sister played final fantasy 13, feels like they drew their inspiration from power rangers. Every single thing that the character says, every single element of the plot is corny as fuck. Japan needs to step up and hire better writers to be taken seriously in the west. If you draw inspiration for your games from Jpop and anime culture, its never giong to take off in the west. The demographic has changed, this is no longer a ps1/2 era. 

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

yo_john117 said:

Ahahaha that's even better

OT: I have to say I am quite disappointed with a good number of the replies in this thread. There are so many petty, childish, sad posts that I thought I was looking at YouTube comments. It's stuff like that which makes me want to leave because as I become more mature and open-minded, the constant close-minded, immature comments makes me wonder why I waste my time bothering with any of it.

Personally, I would like to see this thread burned with fire.

Arguing about the graphics on games that aren't even out yet seems meaningless to me.  Still, some people love doing just that.  It does annoy me when people talk about which game looks best as though their opinon is some kind of fact, though.

I'm also disappointed in some of my fellow Playstation fans for gloating about this.  Honestly, for the most part, I thought most PS3 multi-plats were pretty much indistinguishable from the 360 versions unless you directly compared them, but I did have to suffer through Sega's Bayonetta screw-up.  That alone makes me wish all multi-plats would be identical.  That way, there would be one less thing to fight over.

It still holds true this generation there isn't a WRPG that has better music then Lost Odyssey.

Around the Network

I actually found an even better video for this thread xD

Chris Hu said:

It still holds true this generation there isn't a WRPG that has better music then Lost Odyssey.

Jeeze at least quote me when  you're replying.

Well I haven't played Lost Odyssey so I wouldn't know, as for this generation Mass effect 2 and Oblivion gets my vote for soundtracks. I'll be getting a 360 this xmas, I'll try out Lost Odyssey and make my mind up again. 

All in good fun, folks.... don't report me :)

9087 said:

All in good fun, folks.... don't report me :)

Is this what they meant by the power of the cloud?

Cloudy visuals.

I get it now.

Indeed the cloud IS powerful.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

selnor1983 said:
JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:
bananaking21 said:
^^ ladies, this thread is about CoD. not ryse or killzone. if you want to talk about those games, make a damn thread.

Ryse is actually direct proof that IW have either A) no time on Xbox One or B) its architecture is actually very different to develop for than PS4. Because Ghosts looks last gen and runs on a last gen engine.

or you simply have no idea what you are talking about. you keep throwing the same numbers you heard. 85k polygons and 750 joints. Do you know anything about the development of CoD? do you know anything about how CoD is made and what the devs do? if you think CoD isnt technicially impressive in ways you sure as hell do not know anything about these kind of stuff, so please, dont go around throwing numbers you heard trying to impress people and stay on topic. 

If Ryse was 60fps like COD and we use the very flawed approach of assuming it still outputs the same amount of pixels per second, then it would be 636p. If we did the opposite to COD on XBOX, then it would be 1018p at 30fps.

I'm just giving selnor some fresh numbers ;)

KZSF on only the friendly character models has 40,000. BF4 is at 30,000 for only friendlies. 

I actually dont know about COD. But Id guess friendlies are around 20,000 and enemies between 8,000 - 12,000.

Ive seen what 20 characters onscreen in Ryse, all with 85,0000. 

Ryse is doing so much more in multiple areas not just 2 that your hanging onto. Again on 360 every COD is 720p @ 60fps. Does that make Uncharted 3 crap? Because its only 30fps and at times dips to 22 fps?

sources would be nice. not that it really matters. when ryse has small confined quarters, not mush going on on screen, and like 2-4 characters on the screen.

but again sources would prove vital, so it doesnt seem you are talking out of your butt.