By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p (upscaled), 1080p on PS4

Jega said:
The Xbox One version will have better textures.

Infinity ward has to do something to promote the ps4 version.

so which console will have the better graphics.

the answer is xbox one.

Textures depend on ram which both systems have a pretty similar amount of. Neither should have a visible advantage over the other.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

WTH?

Ryse is te best looking launch title. Theres a live gameplay demo right now on Twitter. They just said all the gameplay going around right now and the one they are playing on twitter is an old build. 0.0

Next week they are showing the latest build and SINGLE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just confirmed the new build has cuts in the flesh which bleed out whilst playing realisitcally. And they confirmed for the 1000 time that ALL cutscenes use exactly the same assests unaltered for gameplay. The first ever for a videogame. They said not even Crysis 3 has visual stuff in it that Ryse is doing. Its their most visually impressive game theyve ever built. 

BF4 looks nowhere near as good. Every character onscreen in Ryse including all bad guys has 85,000 polygons, 750 joints ( 260 facial ) and runs native 900p. Killzones weather and characters do not look as good as Ryse. Also Crytek are using an even better ligting system than used in Crysis 3. 

Theres a reason many say Ryse is the best looking launch game.

Wow, talk about deluding between an opinion and a fact. I guess when you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over you start to believe it too. 

For your information, achieving graphic fidelity in a limited free-roam environment and gameplay is nothing to boast about, come back to me if they ever release an Elder Scroll game with similar graphical technology.

And no, Ryse isn't the best looing launch game, that's your opinion. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Can someone explain to me what does that means "720p(upscaled to 1080p)".
I don't really get it but by adding the "upscaled to 1080p" doesn't that means that the Xbox one can achieve 1080p???
Please I just need an explanation.

riecsou said:
I don't really get it but by adding the "upscaled to 1080p" doesn't that means that the Xbox one can achieve 1080p???

This picture is 400 by 300 nativly. However it's showing up on your screen at like 530x400.

It's upscaled.

XBOX will do much better at upscaling than this, but it's still the same thing.

riecsou said:

the game is rendered in 720p. without upscaling it it would be shown on your tv at 720p res, meaning it wouldnt be fullscreen. it would just be taking 1280 * 720 pixels from your tv that has 1920 * 1080 pixels (if your tv is full hd). basically it wouldnt be full screen. the upscaler, from what i understand how it works, just grabs the image, stretches it and makes it full screen, it does not improve image quality in any way. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
yo_john117 said:

I think these apply here.

Still one of my favorite things ever.

Really, though, I can't muster the energy to care about this.  Any problems developers are having with the XO or the PS4 will be ironed out, especially when we move away from current gen cross-over baggage.  This might seem like a big deal now but I bet that the next CoD will be much closer to even on both platforms.  Seems a lot like splitting furs to me.

Ahahaha that's even better

OT: I have to say I am quite disappointed with a good number of the replies in this thread. There are so many petty, childish, sad posts that I thought I was looking at YouTube comments. It's stuff like that which makes me want to leave because as I become more mature and open-minded, the constant close-minded, immature comments makes me wonder why I waste my time bothering with any of it.

riecsou said:

The game is native 720p but to display it in your TV it create random pixels to fit the 1080p.

A fast article about: http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/upscaled-1080P-vs-4K#im1

I rarely play WRPG's the great thing about JRPG's is the variety of graphic styles they come in.  WRPG for the most part try for the very realistic look you will never see a cell shaded WRPG.

JoeTheBro said:
riecsou said:

This picture is 400 by 300 nativly. However it's showing up on your screen at like 530x400.

It's upscaled.

XBOX will do much better at upscaling than this, but it's still the same thing.

Thanks a lot. Now I get it.

Chris Hu said:

I rarely play WRPG's the great thing about JRPG's is the variety of graphic styles they come in.  WRPG for the most part try for the very realistic look you will never see a cell shaded WRPG.

Never say never my friend!