By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This gen has finally come to an end; what was your favorite moment of this Gen?

I personally think that this was by far the greatest gen of gaming ever. We had some of the greatest games ever made such as GTA 5, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, Skyrim,  Fallout 3, Fable 3, God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock series, Assassins Creed series, Gears of war series, Uncharted series, and who could forget Call of Duty series!!! which revolutionized gaming and made it more appealing to the casual.  Yes some might hate COD and it's totally fine but one cannot deny that COD was the biggest success in this gen what i mean by that is that thanks to COD other developers were inspired to make great games such as Killzone, Battlefield etc.  I know I haven't listed so many other great games so forgive me..

What was your favorite moment of this gen? that made you go whoa! and made you jump up and down. For me it would have to be when Hideo Kojima surprised all of us by showing up at the Microsoft E3 and annoucning that MGS is coming to XBOX!  I was so excited because I am a big MGS fan and I owned the Xbox so it meant that I wont be needing to purchase a PS3 to play MGS games.  PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT! and... you favorite game(s)

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform xD

Dark Souls II hasn't released yet! Don't say the generation has ended until so!

Nintendo announcing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at E3...I cried that day

Hmm.....favorite moment is tough. This gen had a lot of highs for me.
Maybe when I got Gears of War. It was the first game that felt truly next gen to me, and it was just a ton of fun going through it on co-op with my friends over and over again.

Around the Network

Battlefield came out before Call of Duty. They both came out last gen. Call of Duty even copied Battlefield with players able to get in tanks on Call of Duty 2, but future games removed vehicles from the series.

Top Ten This Gen:

1. Pokemon Pearl (Had so many good memories with friends)
2. Call Of Duty: World at War (So high because me and my friends always played Nazi Zombies)
3. The Sims 3
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World
5. Little Big Planet
6. Mario Kart: Wii
7. Mirror's Edge
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
9. Halo Wars
10. Minecraft

galaxy 1 and 2

that's its finally over... Nintendo WiiU should of been out in 2012.

It's seems so long ago, but the best moment was probably when I picked up a Wii Remote. That was freaky and awesome and new. Wii Sports Tennis in particular was pretty mind-blowing, as was just navigating the menus with the pointer. Seems boring now, but then... amazing. Other highs were stepping into Arkham Asylum as Batman, the ending of Mass Effect 1, the entirety of Xenoblade and hopping planets in Mario Galaxy. Also, 4-player Mario was pretty awesome.

As a whole I wouldn't say this was the most memorable of gaming gens. NES and SNES will probably always be that because I was a kid, but even as an adult N64, XBox and PS2 probably gave me more groundbreaking masterpiece game experiences.