By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This gen has finally come to an end; what was your favorite moment of this Gen?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
best thing about this gen was the amount of awsome wrpgs i played ,oblivion mass effect, dragon age, dark and demon souls etc are my favourite games of this gen :D

Wrpgs, and you mention Dark and Demon's Souls?

Do you know Demon/Dark Souls are Jrpg, right? RIGHT?

Around the Network

the original Xbox had a Metal Gear game...

but anyway i just enjoyed all the predictions and just how oh so wrong alot of them were.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Wright said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
best thing about this gen was the amount of awsome wrpgs i played ,oblivion mass effect, dragon age, dark and demon souls etc are my favourite games of this gen :D

Wrpgs, and you mention Dark and Demon's Souls?

Do you know Demon/Dark Souls are Jrpg, right? RIGHT?

please not this discussion, last time people had this discussion it was pages and pages xD its a wrpg made in japan :P

So like Dragon's Dogma then? :P

This gen had been poor in Star Wars games... hope EA fix it next gen

My favorite game's Halo 3! and for me the best innovation this gen is Kinect!

Unlocking my very first Xbox 360 achievement.

Around the Network

RROD or maybe PSN being hacked s/

Galaxy 1 and 2 ... true masterpieces *_*

Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform. PS3s sales and image recovery. Wiis crazy success in its early years. Joining PC gaming with a very low barrier of entry ($99 5670HD)

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Crossing the border in Read Dead Redemption.

Favorite moment is definitely FFXIII going multiplatform, that was BOOOOOOOOM, MEGATON OF SUPER EPIC PROPORTIONS :D

As for favorite games:

In no particular order

Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Galaxy
Gears of War
Halo 4
Dead Space
Dark Souls
DKC Returns
Skyrim
Fallout 3
MGS4

What really stood out for me was how (remember, it´s only my opinion) far Japanese 3rd parties as a whole fell, compared to the 6th gen, and how Western 3rd parties really started dominating the console scene.

In the 6th gen, with the success of GTA III and the introduction of the Xbox, Western companies that were mostly confined to the PC started dipping their toes in the console market, but in the 7th gen they really started taking over.

That was one of the biggest changes, imo.