By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the PSP = Vita in Europe?!?!?!

naruball said:
Anfebious said:
Emulation!

Though, not really. 

Smartphones can emulate old games much better and it's 10 times more convenient. There is absolutely no reason at this age to buy a psp for that. 

Sales are not that high. It's probably people who own a psp and want to replace it or buying it as a gift for a friend. It only looks like it's selling relatively well because of the terrible vita sales. It's so cheap that it can easily be an impulse purchase. 

Ninty fans might have had a point up till a few years ago, but now that smartphones are so polular and so big, it really makes no sense. 

Touchscreen vs buttons !

Plus PSP is cheaper, and can actually run PSP games too =o

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
naruball said:
Anfebious said:
Emulation!

Though, not really. 

Smartphones can emulate old games much better and it's 10 times more convenient. There is absolutely no reason at this age to buy a psp for that. 

Sales are not that high. It's probably people who own a psp and want to replace it or buying it as a gift for a friend. It only looks like it's selling relatively well because of the terrible vita sales. It's so cheap that it can easily be an impulse purchase. 

Ninty fans might have had a point up till a few years ago, but now that smartphones are so polular and so big, it really makes no sense. 

Well you can play with a homebrew on the PSP. It's really easy to get it working. Not just for emulation of old games but for PSP games.

I thought that didnt work on later models. The model on sale in the EU atm is the latest one.

The DS can run snes and mega drive emulation aswell, so its weird that people would feel the need to get a PSP for it.

Because it's cheap and awesome.

Nem said:

I thought that didnt work on later models. The model on sale in the EU atm is the latest one.

The DS can run snes and mega drive emulation aswell, so its weird that people would feel the need to get a PSP for it.

I think it has more to do with the frimware than the model.  And you can emulate old consoles but you can also run PSP ISOS. It's really easy to do.  I think it supports the latest firmware. It's just a software you put on your PSP and you are done!

I don't know the differences between the PSP and the new one they are selling in europe but I think it works the same way.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Nem said:

I think it has more to do with the frimware than the model.  And you can emulate old consoles but you can also run PSP ISOS. It's really easy to do.  I think it supports the latest firmware. It's just a software you put on your PSP and you are done!

I don't know the differences between the PSP and the new one they are selling in europe but I think it works the same way.

Yep.

For the record, DS only has decent emulation of the SNES with the SCDS II, and the Megadrive emulation is flawed in general. SNES is quite nice on PSP, while Megadrive emulation is 99.9% accurate.

Around the Network

Price, I guess. Not that weird to me.

Because the PSP is really cheap these days. I see it selling for 85 euros at most shop. If i didn't have one, i'de definetly buy it.

Cause PSP has games and continues to have games lolololololol

But in all honestly, its probably cause of the hacks, I am planning to get one from gamestop when I have the time cause of dem hax and its cheap as hell!!!

http://www.ebgames.ca/psp/consoles/sony-psp-system-original-eb-games-refurbished/253384

$39.99

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

it has pokemon on it'!

Because of GTA,MGS,Kingdoms Heart,Final Fantasy,Gran Turismo and psp had more multiplatform then Vita.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m