By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the PSP = Vita in Europe?!?!?!

Somebody explain this madness! The PSP is either equalling or exceeding the Vita in Europe as per Vgchartz. How is this possible? WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY PSP'S. SOMEBODY SHED SOME LIGHT.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Because both are handhelds and have Fifa.

Dirt cheap and loads of games... But I don't really know, I think everyone should be buying a Vita

They are buying PSP E1000 also called PSP Street - it is the last edition of PSP only sold in Europe, released in October 2011. It is low price cos it doesn't have wifi and stuff. I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles II on mine o/

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Jesus, we have the same topic every week with people asking why is PSP selling so good in Europe, it's been mangled so many times already...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Emulation!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Its cause its under 100 euros and the shops have plenty of games going for 10 euros and below. Its just a cheap present. Though i doubt the sales numbers are that accurate myself. Its not like i see them flying off the shelves.

/thread?

Anfebious said:
Emulation!

Though, not really. 

Smartphones can emulate old games much better and it's 10 times more convenient. There is absolutely no reason at this age to buy a psp for that. 

Sales are not that high. It's probably people who own a psp and want to replace it or buying it as a gift for a friend. It only looks like it's selling relatively well because of the terrible vita sales. It's so cheap that it can easily be an impulse purchase. 

Ninty fans might have had a point up till a few years ago, but now that smartphones are so polular and so big, it really makes no sense. 

naruball said:
Anfebious said:
Emulation!

Though, not really. 

Smartphones can emulate old games much better and it's 10 times more convenient. There is absolutely no reason at this age to buy a psp for that. 

Sales are not that high. It's probably people who own a psp and want to replace it or buying it as a gift for a friend. It only looks like it's selling relatively well because of the terrible vita sales. It's so cheap that it can easily be an impulse purchase. 

Ninty fans might have had a point up till a few years ago, but now that smartphones are so polular and so big, it really makes no sense. 

Well you can play with a homebrew on the PSP. It's really easy to get it working. Not just for emulation of old games but for PSP games.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"