By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just finished Call of Duty 4 (didn't take long)

Yea, I'm not exactly excited for COD5 at all. Can't wait though till the next Infinity Ward games comes out.

Around the Network

its probably my favorite game on ps3 and xbox 360

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It took me 6 hours to finish it - but that was stretched over a few days. I absolutely loved the game - especially Death from Above and Mile High Club. Dang ... that game is sweet.

"Death from Above", "One Shot, One Kill", and "All Ghillied Up" are three of the most fantastically amazing FPS levels to ever grace a game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Death from Above is THE definitive Next-Generation level of any game thus far.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
erikers said:
They included a single player campaign to trick you and other people into buying it for that. Every review mentioned it had a great 4-5 hour campaign. You bought the game knowing that so there's nothing to complain about. If you didn't know that, even worse.

It could have been a 2 hour single player if they wanted. It's your job to know what you're buying. It's not like the single player in COD 4 is any better than COD 2 in quality. It's COD 2's SP campaign, cut in half, set in modern times with some improved graphics and a much better multiplayer mode.

If you go back and read my post you'll see that I didn't get robbed.  I knew EXACTLY what I was getting into in buying it.  I got it used for $35 at gamestop and traded it back in and got $33 a handful of days later.  It cost me 2 bucks to play the game.  I loved it but it was exceptionally short.  Again, I knew that going in.  I wasn't tricked as I didn't buy it for $59.99 new.  In fact, Infinity Ward and Activision actually got nothing from me -- just as if I had not bought it at all.  You might want to read the OP a little more carefully before insinuating I'm an idiot.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

^u only lost $2? WOW - nice:)

Again -- Amazing game.... Period. But waaaaay too short. I don't know why I got done with this one so quick, but it was absolutely no more than 4-5 hours at most. I played it when I got it home for less than an hour, played about 3 hours the next night and then about 45 minutes the following day to finish it up.

I thought Gears was almost long enough -- 8 hours or so. Halo 3 was too short -- over in about 6 and nowhere near as good of a story as COD4. I couldn't stomach Perfect Dark Zero long enough to find out how long that one was. Bioshock -- 10-12 hours, but I wandered a bit and took it in more than I usually do with games.

I'd like to see FPS/TPS games over the 10 hour mark to finish with the kind of variety that exists in COD4. I'll sacrifice some graphical quality if necessary so the developers have more time to focus on fleshing out the story and building a deeper, more engrossing campaign. It is a tough balance, though... Half Life 2 was an interesting game up until the airboat ride that went on for-freaking-ever. The game became needlessly tedious and I lost interest.

I guess I'm just an odd lot in that I don't worship at the online altar and would gladly trade any online functionality for more levels and fully fleshed out storyline.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

^I think ur asking for too much. Game devs. have limited time and money u know

Weird KN you seem to rush really fast

Took me around 10 hours for halo 6 for gears, 7 for COD 4, and a good 20 hours for bioshock

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!