By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just finished Call of Duty 4 (didn't take long)

The CoD games have always had short single-player modes. But that's fine, really; that just means that the action doesn't grow stale before the game ends.

But, yep. I wouldn't pay full price for one, since I don't care about online modes.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Took me about 8 hours. I played it one level harder than normal. I don't have as much time as I used to, so the length was just right. I had a blast with the online, until my 360 red ringed in November. Haven't gone online since.

I brought it first day, went home and clocked it on veteren now just whore at multiplayer

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Great game overall, but a little bit short on the single player ... as for the multiplayer ... it's really great and will give you many hours of fun, even though i went back to playing Counter Strike after a few weeks :D

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Have you tried it online? Alot of people are anti-online gaming but this one is worth a look, I like it alot better then halo 3. It's amazing, way better then the normal game, I beat it and so far played about 56 hours online. And I still haven't hit the top rank(I'm not even counting prestige mode) there is this whole rank system that unlocks tons of cool stuff kind of like a light rpg system.

Anyway if you don't like online, you should play the arcade mode with your favorite levels, did you even play the final level after the credits? the one where you save a vip in the plane? that one is sweet, I've been mastering it and trying to work up my leaderboard score.

Around the Network

What level did you play it? i played on Veteran and it took me over 10 hrs, it was hard and i felt good beating it, was a challenge.

all i need is mile high club and i will get 1000 GS

i beat it in about 7 hours on normal difficulty

online is the shit, one of the best experiences out there

Also DJ Halo 3 is not long and boring, i have some of the most fun ever in 4 man co op

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

I never even tried Halo 3 online! It was my first Halo game, and I was intimidated by the competition. I'm hardly hardcore, anymore. I did have a blast with the campaign, though. COD4 and Halo 3 are both awesome for different reasons.

Am I the only one that still prefers the first COD game over any of the newer ones? The first game was such an awesome experience that COD 4 couldn't live up to. Sadly I was very disappointed with the games length and content. I expected much more out of the 5.5 hours I took to clear it.

It's not a horrible game, just not the game I expected. It's still good, just not the 50$ I spent on it kinda good... know what I mean?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

yeah its a multiplayer game bro. dont complain about short off line campaign when thats not the emphasis of the game. and why dont you "do" online? no connectivity or what?? its like complaining about the story is SMG