By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just finished Call of Duty 4 (didn't take long)

Didn't take me long neither. 2.5months :D

Around the Network

The single player took me only 6 hours on normal, but I have more than made up for it with about 35 hours online, and I love it. This is only the third game I have played online (RSV and Warhawk) but it is just so fun, constantly, although I am tiring of it now

Try beating it on Vet, KN. It takes a bit longer.

Having said that, the vast, vast majority of FPS games are very short. What was the last FPS game with a significant online component that lasted over 10hrs on normal?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, the online on the game is great though, but the single player is soooo short. It's much like Halo, except that Halos is long and boring.

I could not say it better, In fact I did not like both histories, I just rent COD and finish it up in two days... 

Gears of wars was more lenghty and interesting game, and also have a solid ONline. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

mrstickball said:

Having said that, the vast, vast majority of FPS games are very short. What was the last FPS game with a significant online component that lasted over 10hrs on normal?

Only the most classic one of all, DOOM 3!  Nothing will ever hold a more dear spot in my heart than Doom 3, the 20+ hour game that lasts longer than most women are in the hospital during labor.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
erikers said:
mrstickball said:

Only the most classic one of all, DOOM 3!  Nothing will ever hold a more dear spot in my heart than Doom 3, the 20+ hour game that lasts longer than most women are in the hospital during labor.  

Hey - Didn't Halflife 2 come out a couple months after Doom 3?  That game had a decent single player length, and to anyone that says it doesn't have a significant online portion, I say 'Feh'

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Ugh, I hate Doom 3. I didn't get too far in it, but the flashing lights with pitch black rooms that are filled with guys at every corner test on my patience for a good experience. Without a flashlight mod, I wouldn't have even got to where I was in the game.

As for Call of Duty 4, it may be short, but I loved how the ride of the singleplayer campaign felt better than most other FPS games out there. Something about how well they implement everything around you to mold this intense and exciting experience is what keeps me coming back to play levels over and over again.

Also, like Battlefiled 2, I like lots of stuff going on in multiplayer. That's why I like to play the Ground War mode when I rent it for the PS3.

@ Thred Poster
Don't worry...COD5 will be coming

can't wait to play it on the Wii!!!

wii - the only issue is the Wii is getting the gimped piece of trash known as COD5, which (since made by tetryarch) will be complete trash like COD3 was.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.