By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

Sorry naznatips, mixed up names...

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
If Nintendo were coaching them, this game would be godly. As it stands now, it will likely only be bloody awesome XD
Nintendo could take a few lessons from Rare in the platformer area. I don't think The Big N has topped BK with a 3D platformer yet.

Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

Well it is popular to hate Rare for Nintendo fans and this is a Nintendo populated site. If people earnest don't enjoy Rare games then they shouldn't be excited for Banjo, but were Viva Pinata and Kameo really bad games? I'm kinda tired of people acting like that...so I certainly agree with the first part of what you said. Ex-Rare employees aren't the only people that can make good games.

And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to). Rare just has a tough time with the Nintendo fans now.

You're misinformed. Every previous SSB game was completely designed by Masahiro Sakurai. The only difference in SSBB is the programming team he was given to work with, because he doesn't work with HAL anyomre. Instead he was given Nintendo programmers. Which, of course, no one would worry about because they are Nintendo programmers... the creative designer is still there.

uh no I'm not misinformed. Like you just said he was given a different programming team to work with. How is that any different from Banjo?

I'm not saying it's different from Banjo? Where in this thread have I said anything about the quality of Banjo's programming staff? Stop making assumptions. I just made fun of the awful character design hehe.

I never said that you said that, I merely asked you a question, you could have just answered it instead of making assumptions of your own. I said what I said because it's the same exact situation as Banjo. SSBB had most of the same key people as well as some new ones, same with Banjo, so I made the comparison. Considering you're objecting to what I said it would imply that you disagree or think what I said is wrong information, or did you just want to call me misinformed for no real reason?

You need to stop twisting words.  You said, and I quote from this line of quotes above me...: "And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to)."

Naznatips was correcting you, because you implied that nobody from Melee was working on Brawl.  While there were tons of new developers, Sakurai was making the game, as well as experience Nintendo developers and people experienced with Melee's coding.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Anyway, let's get back on track, eh?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Didn't ioi make a comment about some of the threads in the off topic forum?  Why bring that stuff into here?  Grow up.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:
naznatips said:
Edouble24 said:

Well it is popular to hate Rare for Nintendo fans and this is a Nintendo populated site. If people earnest don't enjoy Rare games then they shouldn't be excited for Banjo, but were Viva Pinata and Kameo really bad games? I'm kinda tired of people acting like that...so I certainly agree with the first part of what you said. Ex-Rare employees aren't the only people that can make good games.

And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to). Rare just has a tough time with the Nintendo fans now.

You're misinformed. Every previous SSB game was completely designed by Masahiro Sakurai. The only difference in SSBB is the programming team he was given to work with, because he doesn't work with HAL anyomre. Instead he was given Nintendo programmers. Which, of course, no one would worry about because they are Nintendo programmers... the creative designer is still there.

uh no I'm not misinformed. Like you just said he was given a different programming team to work with. How is that any different from Banjo?

I'm not saying it's different from Banjo? Where in this thread have I said anything about the quality of Banjo's programming staff? Stop making assumptions. I just made fun of the awful character design hehe.

I never said that you said that, I merely asked you a question, you could have just answered it instead of making assumptions of your own. I said what I said because it's the same exact situation as Banjo. SSBB had most of the same key people as well as some new ones, same with Banjo, so I made the comparison. Considering you're objecting to what I said it would imply that you disagree or think what I said is wrong information, or did you just want to call me misinformed for no real reason?

You need to stop twisting words. You said, and I quote from this line of quotes above me...: "And since you bring up SSBB, that wasn't made by the same people as Melee, yet we didn't have everyone saying it was going to be ruined(and they were right not to)."

Naznatips was correcting you, because you implied that nobody from Melee was working on Brawl. While there were tons of new developers, Sakurai was making the game, as well as experience Nintendo developers and people experienced with Melee's coding.

Whoa hang on there, I didn't imply that. It was made by a different team, I didn't say all of the members were new, I assumed everyone would know I meant that.

Since this is a topic about RARE and BANJO I took a game in the same situation as Banjo. Most of the old team and some new people. My comment was an obvious comparison to the situation Banjo is in and I don't know why people couldn't see that. I'm not twisting anyones words. 

LOL! I think BenKenobi88 has the right idea... Rare might still be hiring dude.

(On original topic)

This confirms what I suspected. Rare said about 2 months ago I believe that the game was more than half way completed which led me to believe that Microsoft would attempt to get this game read for their holiday lineup.

I for one am looking forward to it. While many may have found Rare's previous 360 titles to be a bit disappointing I've heard their Banjo team is relatively intact from the N64 days (it seems someone else pointed this out already) and it seems to be getting a good, full development cycle. A high quality platformer would be a fine addition to the 360s library. If this and Fable both release around the same time it looks as if I'll have plenty to keep me busy later this year, and as a gamer that's what I'm looking for.